Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Play-Test Server Survey Results

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Starjumper View Post
    If they allowed 2 instances we'd end up with 1500 pop dual logged how is that better than 3000 unique?
    Pretty sure I stated my opinion...you can either agree or disagree....is based purely on lack of population...which will hopefully be a non issue.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I don't disagree with Dual Instance but imagine if the server does Pop off then how would you feel sitting watching a "Now Connecting" screen for 45+ minutes or more. Down the road I could see them open it up to two but at the start it could really suck..

Play Stats
    Inactive
    some things never change... new server supposed to bring people together not continue the back and forth banter.

Its pretty simple, play finalizer or dont

Also serving you from The Nika Marketplace outside of Kaadara, Naboo - /way 6148 6283

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostm View Post
    Its pretty simple, play finalizer or dont
    That's right. The staff literally gave the community the best of both worlds with two servers, and they are still crying. It's unreal.
    <JuDGE> Guild Leader | First SWGEmu Jedi Knight & Rank 11 Jedi Council Leader

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by SLiFeR View Post
    That's right. The staff literally gave the community the best of both worlds with two servers, and they are still crying. It's unreal.
    I just don't see what having multiple surveys in game to decide what changes are made will really accomplish everything. You can't please everyone and there would still be people upset.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would hope members of the community would understand that if we let everyone get their wishes for the game, it would become ruined. We just can't do that. We have to have a vision of the server and work within that vision.
    When it comes to features in the game, we will listen and discuss with the community, but make no mistake, we will not implement something we believe would damage the game, or make it less.

We are making a new server because the community have asked for a long time for change, but we also make it for us, to test. If all we did was to make a new Basilisk, we would not make a new server. There wouldn't be a point.

The changes we make now are the first, more to come. Now we can test what will work and what will not. We can figure stuff out like we can't on a production server. Production servers need more stability in the direction.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    I would hope members of the community would understand that if we let everyone get their wishes for the game, it would become ruined. We just can't do that. We have to have a vision of the server and work within that vision.
    When it comes to features in the game, we will listen and discuss with the community, but make no mistake, we will not implement something we believe would damage the game, or make it less.

We are making a new server because the community have asked for a long time for change, but we also make it for us, to test. If all we did was to make a new Basilisk, we would not make a new server. There wouldn't be a point.

The changes we make now are the first, more to come. Now we can test what will work and what will not. We can figure stuff out like we can't on a production server. Production servers need more stability in the direction.
    Thank you for clarifying.
    <JuDGE> Guild Leader | First SWGEmu Jedi Knight & Rank 11 Jedi Council Leader

Play Stats
    Inactive
    we never knew the problems of adk psg on live. nobody did it. resist would fall off psg by going over server boundaries and pulling them out of the crate sometimes.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jmx View Post
    we never knew the problems of adk psg on live. nobody did it. resist would fall off psg by going over server boundaries and pulling them out of the crate sometimes.

Exactly! this is why jedi would run, they would run beyond a server boundary and have a chance at the fight.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jmx View Post

Wasn't the trick to unequip it and soft log then re-equip and it reset the PSG?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    its a good thing that particularpart of live no longer exists. It also allowed things like being able to put extra pearls in your saber, and the meditate bug (not sure if that was a boundary thing) but everyone used to do it.

The adk psg problem is something that is unquie to bas

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hello i have not play swg in years but i try to keep a eye on these forums Congratz on the milestone DEVs. I had a feeling to check the forums and i find the new server survey well i told my old swg friends and we will be coming to play on the new server. There is more ppl out there waiting for this change im sure we have been dosile but we are aware.
    Is there a ETa on the server yet or you expecting to do this sometime next year?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Exavis View Post
    Hello i have not play swg in years but i try to keep a eye on these forums Congratz on the milestone DEVs. I had a feeling to check the forums and i find the new server survey well i told my old swg friends and we will be coming to play on the new server. There is more ppl out there waiting for this change im sure we have been dosile but we are aware.
    Is there a ETa on the server yet or you expecting to do this sometime next year?
    They're hoping to roll it out for the festive season, doesn't sound super optimistic as yet, but that's about the best we've been told to date.
    Last edited by Katsa; 12-15-2021 at 02:00 AM.
    Katsa - TKM/Master Ranger | Biznatch - Currently Training
    Reasonable Resources (Animal) located south of Coronet -185 -5880

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have said the 18th, but I can't promise that. More and more green on our pre-launch list, but still a lot left. We also have to test it all before we can launch it.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    387h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    I have said the 18th, but I can't promise that. More and more green on our pre-launch list, but still a lot left. We also have to test it all before we can launch it.
    The 18th seems optimistic.

More pressing question: will you be giving us notice prior to launch? If so, any idea how much notice we might anticipate? Just helps with arranging life’s other matters.

Thank you.
    neutrineaux

Closed Thread

Thread Information