Closed Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Hybrid View

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Firstly, this is probably the best post I’ve seen on these forums.

Couple points though.

If the intention of this new server is to reinvigorate the community, basilisk should be closed. Maintaining both servers does nothing but fragment an already dwindling population. Everyone signed up for basilisk knowing it would one day be wiped, let that day be now. With 1 character max online the new server will need every available person in this community to truly flourish.

Secondly, with the removal of adks and given current decay rates, PSGs will break in seconds and are effectively useless. This makes for a strong jedi meta. If jedi is the dominant pvp/pve class it will disrupt the economy by reducing the need of medical, weapon, armoring, and several food types. It will create dead pockets in the economy. These dead spots won’t be truly realized until the masses finish their 6-8 week jedi grind. An excessively high jedi population is not healthy for the interdependent goal this project is seeking.
    Anza

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskandar View Post

Couple points though.

If the intention of this new server is to reinvigorate the community, basilisk should be closed. Maintaining both servers does nothing but fragment an already dwindling population. Everyone signed up for basilisk knowing it would one day be wiped, let that day be now. With 1 character max online the new server will need every available person in this community to truly flourish.

Secondly, with the removal of adks and given current decay rates, PSGs will break in seconds and are effectively useless. This makes for a strong jedi meta. If jedi is the dominant pvp/pve class it will disrupt the economy by reducing the need of medical, weapon, armoring, and several food types. It will create dead pockets in the economy. These dead spots won’t be truly realized until the masses finish their 6-8 week jedi grind. An excessively high jedi population is not healthy for the interdependent goal this project is seeking.

Point 1, I agree. However the data is there from the vote and the community has spoken. Hopefully Finalizer will take off and draw players in there.

Point 2, yes that is something we will monitor and have noted, but did not want to touch as of right now. I'm aware of the decay rate of PSGs and their condition values. However the meta of ADK'ed PSGs was very far from 14.1 as well, which is the goal at this stage.
    Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive

Couple points though.

This is all 100% accurate
    God Save the Rebellion

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by CanderousOrdo View Post
    This is all 100% accurate
    How will you make credits if there are no ADKs to steal from noobs?

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrson View Post
    How will you make credits if there are no ADKs to steal from noobs?
    Thats funny you ask rn, my financial advisors are talking to me about this as I type
    God Save the Rebellion

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Nah man. People forget the huge time investment Jedi takes. Remember early Basilisk before ADKs? You used crated PSGs without a problem. That's how it was on live pre-cu, that's how it should be moving forward.

Full stackers can already tank a Jedi without a PSG equipped. Try it on Basilisk right now to see for yourself.

Not to mention we will be restricted to 2x char slots - people need to be wise about how they spend their skillpoints this time. Everyone won't have 'counter x to y profession' etc.
    Last edited by SLiFeR; 12-12-2021 at 07:22 PM.
    <JuDGE> Guild Leader | First SWGEmu Jedi Knight & Rank 11 Jedi Council Leader

Play Stats
    6h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by SLiFeR View Post

Not to mention we will be restricted to 2x char slots - people need to be wise about how they spend their skillpoints this time. Everyone won't have 'counter x to y profession' etc.

I think it needn't be that strict. Regarding skills you cannot loose, you can only win. If there is a need for certain profession skills in guilds for example, some could surrender their skills (it's in fact a game mechanic that is supposed to be used) to learn the needed new ones.

It may only cost time and force you into taking advantage of player interdependy; your skills, even your entire character isn't set in stone - one of SWG's beautiful blossoms.

In my opinion, having less character slots adds spice to the game: You would have to arrange with other players in a closer, more personal fashion, be it achieving individual or collective goals.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I will donate 150 dollars to EMU if this is done before December 20th..... Oddly enough when my vacation starts.
    Last edited by franklin920; 12-12-2021 at 04:42 PM.
    Drop off Below!
    @Theed -4214 5385 Z-Inc Premium Droids vendor

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Boosting the condition on psgs would be a pretty quick fix I think
    Anza

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Boosting the condition on psgs would be a pretty quick fix I think
    i dont think there are many who would be against a boost in PSG condition, its definately a discussion worth having during the next 2 months before we see any full temp jedi. I think my only slight issue is that there are plenty of templates that can stand toe to toe with a jedi without a psg, adked psg's have helped no one. jedi wont stay and fight a battle they cant win. In addition, when you consider multiple BH's can attack the same jedi with no outside help, I honestly dont think PSGs are going to make that much of a diff. Again having said that, i dont think anyone would disagree with a boost in condition.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Put into the placeholder post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    Q: Will we be able to transfer items from Basilisk to Finalizer and vice versa?
    A: No, there will be no transfers from one server to the next, of any kind.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    51h last 30d
    New question for you.

I know JTL isn't coming anytime soon, but is it possible to enable ships (on the new test server) so that we can use them for travel? Disable the launch button and just allow a starter ship to hop between planets. Rather than having to go through Coronet.
    Natir - Padawan Nalten - Armoursmith Arlan - Something
    Honour
    Vendor 405 -3550 Dant

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So everyone who thinks Bas should be taken down should give me all their stuff on Bas. That way you'll never be tempted to "be part of the problem' and log back into Bas. Just give me your credits, ADKs, exceptionals, etc.

I'll captain the RMS Basilisk until the very end and then go down with the spaceship.

I'll drop a new house on Veplantis and name it something like "Finalizer Offerings" and then I'll just drop everyone's stuff there. I can even make little plaques with your name next to the pile of stuff you ditched on Bas to ensure safe travels to Finalizer.

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hi, great news.

I have one question, the new server, is this permanent or will that be wiped at some stage.

Apologies if it has been answered somewhere, really busy doing sunday dinner, putting xmas tree up, wrapping presents, preparing for work tomorrow, housework etc etc etc.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by peltaria View Post
    Hi, great news.

I have one question, the new server, is this permanent or will that be wiped at some stage.

Apologies if it has been answered somewhere, really busy doing sunday dinner, putting xmas tree up, wrapping presents, preparing for work tomorrow, housework etc etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    Q: Will we see frequent wipes, let’s say every 2 years and not a 9 year as Basilisk?
    A: No, we don’t plan to wipe this server regularly. It’s a test server, so you never know what happens when we start to make changes. When we reach the 1.0 milestone and are ready to post our new production server, both Basilisk and Finalizer will be taken down.
    There ya go.

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Closed Thread

Thread Information