+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SWGEmu End of Year Update 2012

Hybrid View

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Great update.

Recently discovered SWGemu and after years of wandering among the anemic likes of DDO, STO, Lotro, TOR... found myself back at home where MMO's finally grabbed hold of me and never let go. Where the bar was set, and never approached again by any rival, and haven't been put off by any bug, any disconnect or server crash, or missing feature yet to be reimplemented. Just glad to be back in game with my HAM, macros, buffs, Doctors, and everything else, so far.

Would still like to see some clarity to conflicting statements about "true 14.1" versus "enhanced 14.1" - the latter seems true with talk of mods being done to improve game design such as structure condemnation policies for example - and I hope to see similar improvements like long-aggrevating hyper-restrictive storage constraints (SWG later increased stack sizes to partially address this), or hyper-aggressive item decay and breakage. We've long since learned in various MMOs that players don't like games breaking their ###t, and it's unnecessary - especially to the current degree. Repairs, fine. Maintenance, fine. I pulled out a new vehicle the other day and it lost its condition 5% the first time pulled, never got to sit on it in new condition, tainted from the first pull from deed. Lots of commentary on those types of disatisfiers in other development forums, learnings since pioneer days of MMOs, in agreement. Hope, like condemnation policies on structures, we can address or mitigate some old sacred cows.

So, after various conflicting posts, and requests for clarity on true vs. enhanced 14.1, would be nice to get clarity to whatever degree. Thanks for the continued work!
    Last edited by Bluedestiny; 01-23-2013 at 08:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information