+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nova Test Center Update 03/22/2011

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by minilogoguy18 View Post
    Like the sandstorm idea but it would add to the realism to keep them hindering exposed players all the time rather than toggling it on and off.
    If I'm not mistaken I think the only way to flip on/off at the moment is server management? Not by the individual player.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I like

Go go developers!
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sounds fun, thx for the update.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I definitely approve of the sandstorm idea! Tatooine and Lok are my favorite planets and I always loved to see the sandstorms roll in! Only thing I will say is this: will the NPC's suffer the same effects (if unprotected)? Won't be fun fighting a bunch of high level NPC's, then a sandstorm hits and you get knockdown/blind, while they are unaffected!

Anyways, good to see some new stuffs to test! Great progress!
    TC Nova IGN: Jennie Roe
    Formerly of Bria, CO and Founder of ST-G (Gamma Stormtrooper Company)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by JennieRoe View Post
    I definitely approve of the sandstorm idea! Tatooine and Lok are my favorite planets and I always loved to see the sandstorms roll in! Only thing I will say is this: will the NPC's suffer the same effects (if unprotected)? Won't be fun fighting a bunch of high level NPC's, then a sandstorm hits and you get knockdown/blind, while they are unaffected!

No because the wounds would effect tough monsters like krayts and one person would see a bunch of black barred krayts and one shot them.

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by JennieRoe View Post

You will get a system warning when a sandstorm is about to hit the highest level (Where the wounds and all start), that should be your sign to seek shelter and stop fighting. Not to mention that if you are fighting, you are wearing armor anyways, which will protect you from wounds and most knockdowns (Not all) anyways. Other then that, no critters and NPC's will not be effected.
    Last edited by MaelDiablo; 03-27-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    MaelDiablo
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MaelDiablo View Post
    You will get a system warning when a sandstorm is about to hit the highest level (Where the wounds and all start), that should be your sign to seek shelter and stop fighting. Not to mention that if you are fighting, you are wearing armor anyways, which will protect you from wounds and most knockdowns (Not all) anyways. Other then that, no critters and NPC's will not be effected.
    I'd love to see there be at least a setting where critters and NPCs would be affected. One might always change the critters stats so that they self-heal black bars very slowly. Or simply make critters like krayts mostly immune anyway and have the whole thing reset on a server reboot.

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
    I'd love to see there be at least a setting where critters and NPCs would be affected. One might always change the critters stats so that they self-heal black bars very slowly. Or simply make critters like krayts mostly immune anyway and have the whole thing reset on a server reboot.
    I myself would like to see, when the sandstorms hit the highest level, that most critters and NPC's go into hiding as well and that this level of sandstorm brings out more dangers, like for example on Tatooine more Tusken activity, but for now the weather will remain as is, as the Dev's have moved on to other things in the project, maybe they will get back to it, when we have reached that magic goal of 1.0.
    MaelDiablo
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Vendors, weather, and SEAs in one update?!

I think I need a new pair of pants.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Love the idea of the sandstorms being more than just a visual experience, u go into any desert of a real world and get hit in the face with sand at high speed you can be guaranteed quite a bit of discomfort .. it makes sense to bring that realism into the game. ^^
    What about tailors being able to make something similar to a bedouin robe to fend off the sand, allowing the player to keep whatever armour/clothing he wants on underneath.

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Unfortunately we didn't think further then those who can wear boots and gloves, or gender restrictions, but I can assure you we will once we get some more time for it. The project has to move on and the Dev that has brought you the weather system, is now working on camps for Scouts/Rangers, which will provide protection against the weather as well out in the field. For now what is will have to do, not that a high level sandstorm will be that common.
    MaelDiablo
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com

Play Stats
    Inactive

Thumbs up

Thanks for the response Mael - keep up the good work :-)

Play Stats
    380h last 30d
    Hehe This is good thinking. I always thought in old swg that these sandstorms should make some effect.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Good job, looking forward to the next big update

Play Stats
    Inactive
    when is tents and scout going to be done so we can get to things like CH!!!!!!!!!!
    don't want to hear the overly used no eta or any of the we don't care delay delay delay info

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information