Thread: Publish 1: The Warren and Vendors

Hybrid View

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlad View Post
    I don't get why this actually made it to the test server in the first place. Screenshots and personal experience determined that the guide was essentially extremely flawed. From states such as "immobilized" and "evading" to making the skills work like their descriptions (which a lot of them never did), the JTL Prima guide looks like the most flawed document and furthest thing form how the game actually functioned. For example, Fan shot is listed as a single target ability when we all know it was the only cone attack Pistoleers ever had. Bodyshot 3 has a lower multiplier than Bodyshot 2, etc. On top of that, wasn't that guide made for the JTL launch when patch 14.1 is what the team is going for? Just confused by all of the contradictions and blatant inconsistencies that have been pointed out by the community in the JTL Prima Guide.

I've been monitoring that thread closely (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46404) and it seems like numerous people, including cRush, have commented on the guide's massive flaws. I don't understand why something so debated and untested at the moment would be pushed out to the play server so quickly. As posted in the 7/15 update (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47674) under Dannuic's updates, he specifically states that the tweaks need some testing as well. Is 7/15 to 7/18 all the time needed to test the values and confirm them? Just seems shady and rushed.
    People always remember exactly how things worked at every patch, there is never any question there. The guide isn't perfect, and from JTL, not launch. I can't count how many times people remember things that never existed in the game, or are just plain retarded. People remember different things from different patches. The guide is overall way more accurate than collective memory. There are scrapbook guides to fill in some blanks and confirm points. The only thing memory is good for is a starting place to find real information and to fill in blanks when information just doesn't exist, which is rare. Let me guess, you could do better?
    Last edited by Kyle; 07-19-2012 at 12:14 AM.
    Kyle
    Retired
    Leaving > Staying

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    People always remember exactly how things worked at every patch, there is never any question there. The guide isn't perfect, and from JTL, not launch. I can't count how many times people remember things that never existed in the game, or are just plain retarded. People remember different things from different patches. The guide is overall way more accurate than collective memory. There are scrapbook guides to fill in some blanks and confirm points. The only thing memory is good for is a starting place to find real information and to fill in blanks when information just doesn't exist, which is rare. Let me guess, you could do better?
    I definitely could not do better, but I think according to the open source nature of the project it is important to do a lot of testing and get a lot of insight since this seems to be a relatively grey area at the moment. I was never attempting to belittle or begrudge anyone on the team. Instead, I thought it would be important to discuss something that for some reason was not listed in the patch notes and is a massive change to game play. I think you guys are ****ing extraordinary in both your efforts and diligence towards the project, but I also believe that the community has a lot to offer.

People remember what they want to remember from patches, but in the end I think its important to remember that this document is flawed just like anyone elses memory, screenshots, and opinions.

Thread Information