+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Basilisk maintenance - 7/14/12

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Time to shave, take a shower, buy some food, meet some friends in real-life, practice guitar, .... good thing.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    just to add to the noob questions... so this downtime has nothing to do with bazar or vendors? just a straight question i dont mind waiting i like having to talk to people to get what i need

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkster View Post
    just to add to the noob questions... so this downtime has nothing to do with bazar or vendors? just a straight question i dont mind waiting i like having to talk to people to get what i need
    From the IRC:
    [13:48] Vlada> I think there are still a few reported venodor bugs that need to be fixed before we can patch Bas

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think deep down I new there must have been a hardware failure some where from all the rubber banding but i never would have guessed in a million years it was bad harddrives.

Glad to hear its getting an update, hurah!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I;m glad the update's happening just wish there was a little more head's up. 1 person away from city upgrade. Looks like I wait another week.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyraxis View Post
    I;m glad the update's happening just wish there was a little more head's up. 1 person away from city upgrade. Looks like I wait another week.
    We are in a similar position to you... We have 60+ in our township and expected to rank up to city round about now, I'm just wondering whether the server will pick up from where we left it or whether we will have to wait for next week (assuming their are any rank 4 slots left on Tatooine) as our cities weekly update time seems unaffected by any rollbacks or downtime.

I fully appreciate its in Alpha right now but I'm cursing my bad luck at the moment if we miss out on a city upgrade!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    last time the ssds went down we were offline for about 2 weeks. i hope this isnt the case this time.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Shut her down and upgrade... While your at it, set up a redundant rig as a standby so when this happens again it's just a flip of the switch to roll out the replacement.

Just say NO to rubberbanding.

Master Droid Engineer ~ <TRADE> Trade Coalition - Queen's Market, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Demarco View Post
    Shut her down and upgrade... While your at it, set up a redundant rig as a standby so when this happens again it's just a flip of the switch to roll out the replacement.

Just say NO to rubberbanding.
    Just say NO to ugly text colors

Play Stats
    Inactive
    To me, at least 24 hours downtime is a good thing. Imagine what all could get done. Time to spend the weekend right, anyway. Hello sunshine!
    "That guy just took my spawn and now they are afking. No Jedi? Can anyone else not log in?"

We don't want to hear it...

Play Stats
    95h last 30d
    Good news on the SSD's. Look forward to seeing how much they help the lag issues which we were all adapting to, lol. "Combat can restart in 5 -4 -3 -2 -1 go!"

Good work from all the team, it's appreciated how much you put into this./hi5

*Staggers off to find some real life to occupy her time...*

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by furret831 View Post
    Hello sunshine!
    What is this thing called "sunshine"? Is that what you get when you step outside? Haha!

On a side note, I know information on the server hardware is posted somewhere, but have the devs considered doing a raid setup on their SSD's? Also, heads up this past week on newegg.com they had the Vertex3 240gb SSD's for under $120

Play Stats
    Inactive

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by drogomoss View Post
    What is this thing called "sunshine"? Is that what you get when you step outside? Haha!

On a side note, I know information on the server hardware is posted somewhere, but have the devs considered doing a raid setup on their SSD's? Also, heads up this past week on newegg.com they had the Vertex3 240gb SSD's for under $120
    You definately dont want to use the garden variety SSD in this scenario. SSDs have a limited number of writes and they were probably reaching their limit, hince the rubberbanding on saves.

I am thinking that the Devs are installing nice new Industrial Strength SSDs that can handle significantly more writes but also come at a price much greater than $120.

Like you, Drogomoss, I am facinately by this thing called sunshine. I must go investigate, though perhaps a shower first might be in order
    Last edited by mrbenson; 07-14-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Finally glad I work weekends for once.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    great news ! thanks for the updates ! see you all in 23 hours ( thats when ill start trying to log back in :P )

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information