Closed Thread

Thread: SWGEmu Timeline

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
    I work in game development myself (obviously not on this project), and I have found that deadlines/ETAs can be very helpful. It can make sure the milestones are reached (as long as the time allotted is reasonable)

What are your thoughts on this? Obviously its a unique project with its own culture/style, and is open source. Also, different people work different ways...but from personal experience, I would say ETAs can be helpful for the development process.
    a personally set ETA is one thing, but saying project x will be done by Z date would force the devs to give up their daily lives. If they were getting paid to write the code, i bet we would have hundreds of ETA's. But since this is volunteer, a public ETA wouldn't really work.
    Chri
    Vendor Drop off: 5246, 5325 Citadel, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chri View Post
    a personally set ETA is one thing, but saying project x will be done by Z date would force the devs to give up their daily lives. If they were getting paid to write the code, i bet we would have hundreds of ETA's. But since this is volunteer, a public ETA wouldn't really work.
    I think this is what so many people are forgetting. The SWGEmu isn't being done by a company with profit margins, and we should all be grateful it is being done at all.

Closed Thread

Thread Information