Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
In the professional world you are paid and you have a work schedule, this gives you the opportunity to have an eta or a timetable. However this is not a job, today you have 1 developer writing code, tomorrow 10 and the day after tomorrow may be none. This is not a stable environment.

Letting aside that, you or your "professors" have no idea about the project. We didnt want to make an OR, we HAD to. We had to UNDERSTAND the client, to reverse engineer all the SOE designs, algorithms, objects, protocol, everything.

Core3 was started before we really knew any of the game designs besides some of the protocol and thats why we hit a wall. We COULDNT progress any further without the OR, which by the way wasnt a full rewrite, we still have pre-or code running.

Now we are pushing through bugs and implementing new features without fear because we know the core design of SOEs implementation.

The code wasnt started by amateurs, the engine/code was started by a professional game dev and most of us left on the team are professional coders.

So before you come here and start criticizing, first learn about what we do and who we are.
First post here...i was going to reply to this yesterday before a dev did but didn't get the chance. I personally think for a bunch of guys that are NOT paid, this isn't their job, and they are just doing this for fun that they are doing a great job. I logged in yesterday and i was encouraged by what i saw. Is it ready to be released, no...but i think it's at a good middle point, and i honestly think they are making great progress and i can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel from here.

Personally i would have given my left nut to just be able to play the game like it is now again, which means im excited for the future. Keep moving forward guys and one day we will be at release.