Quote Originally Posted by Zeridian View Post
Here is the problem though (and I don't often check in anymore because of this), they are just tip-toeing through development. So hesitant to add features because of the potential bugs they may and will hit. This is a common issue that my professors warn about...you will never release with a major project if you do not push through the bugs. You can deal with bugs later. If you start to encounter so many bugs in a stage of development, you get the urge to restart...to do over the codebase entirely (OR anyone?).

If you start to think "Redo!" its a red flag, professionally. In the professional world you start to lose support for development if you backtrack or tip-toe like that, you just gotta deal with the bugs along the way while maintaining focus on features (at-least in alpha). This is funny, because the developers consistently mention wanting to maintain professional industry standards. Setting realistic time tables for yourselves is a must in that case.

I would love to help out and not be nit picky, I hate saying this without much to offer. But I have other projects and commitments and SWGEmu is not the forefront of those at the moment. For those of you to throw aside others opinions because they aren't active developers in the project they are criticizing, then you are foolish and I'm glad you aren't doing any sort of game design.
To paraphrase.
Blah Blah Blah... i'm upset because you haven't given me what i want. But instead of contributing I just want to complain.

I have been on the servers for a while now and I would just like to tell the Devs what a great job they are doing bringing back a beloved game. Please take as much time as you need to make the game as good as you can. I haven't played the game in any form for over 9 years and since logging on I've been having a blast and would like to offer my thanks and encouragement to the team.
Keep up the great work!