Closed Thread

Thread: Playin.fr Interview with SWGEmu Developers

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks vlada and gang. the update was mucho appreciated. I played from beta swg to 5 months into NGE. i can tell you the new code EMu has built is more responsive,faster and more reliable then original code ever was. I think the only thing i would like to see From SOE is for them to support emu. not give any hand outs but maybe they could give a shout out not to mention maybe some assets. you know they have major redundant drivers. if you believe they lost all of pre cu then you are naive.
    You maybe right they don't have much to gain but they do have one thing that they could gain and is very huge and profitable. that is reconnection of EMU. Not only will it show they support indy teams,but also would show their continued support of a product that they know millions of subs paid for and still continue to pay for even tho its free.. Look at garage games all of there games are free yet millions sub to there games and pay to play. WHY?? becasue of the support of them to the community. Thats all we ever wanted from soe from the get go.Its free publicity at the cost of support and what some of there already done assets?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I for one would not like SOE to have anything to do with this emu version. Soe don't do anything for the fun of it and are totally based on making money. They dont listen to their subscribers obviously. If they did, the NGE would've been reversed the first time. After loosing thousands of subs after the NGE, they stuck to their guns and it almost died completely then. Devs with ideas like the NGE can stay away from this true version of SWG.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfox View Post
    I for one would not like SOE to have anything to do with this emu version. Soe don't do anything for the fun of it and are totally based on making money. They dont listen to their subscribers obviously. If they did, the NGE would've been reversed the first time. After loosing thousands of subs after the NGE, they stuck to their guns and it almost died completely then. Devs with ideas like the NGE can stay away from this true version of SWG.
    I agree, SOE had a chance long ago to make it right and ignored it. SWG-EMU was born out of that "need" and the Devs have done a fantastic job with not only game, but support. Remember how hard it was to even get a decent response out of SOE'S Devs?

Swg-emu team is on the right track, I would ride with them any day!

Closed Thread

Thread Information