Quote Originally Posted by Pake View Post
Nearing the end of 2006, it was realized that Core1 had a variety of internal problems that were hampering it's development, and the team decided that a new core had to be written. Core2 was begun to be written by Antman, but fell through by December 2006, and the completed code was integrated into the then-new Core3 projectCore2 being an experimental server was officially halted in development under the official SWGEMU team with the focus being on the then proposed release core, Core3. Core2 development continued on its own branch under Antman and he has since announced that it will soon be available open source to community members, and it remains the only fully functional SWGEmu core outside of Core3.

Does anyonw know where I can get a copy of Core2? I have been promising my son that we could run a server and play together for years now. This would be a great way for me to introduce him to SWG.
Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
No such thing around here. Whats wrong with our code or our servers for that matter?

You would gain nothing even if you found a copy of Core2 to run. Core3 dwarfs it in how far it has come in development and dependability. You should just use the Official SWGEmu servers to have him play on where he can interact with other players as well.