Closed Thread

Thread: SWGEmu AGPL Instructions and Requirements

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    Yeah, I believe I've found a bug with the re-sets also. We've had a few harvesters that bugged on our server that players have reported a bug so an admin toon can pick it up. I have finally been able to re-create this bug and it takes opening the harvester in the 3 minutes before the server reset that is in the rollback. After server re-set, the toon trying to get into the Harvey is de-synced upon trying to interact with the harvey and requires a hard-log to be able to see the radial.
    I've noticed a few screwy things going on with with the resets. I know I've experienced some issues with the player structures database. I suspect that the new engine is causing some problems with the save near the 2.5 hour reset.

Getting this unrestricted engine is a priority for sure. I'm not trying to be "that guy", but it has been since April when this was announced and we're still waiting at this point...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aso View Post
    I've noticed a few screwy things going on with with the resets. I know I've experienced some issues with the player structures database. I suspect that the new engine is causing some problems with the save near the 2.5 hour reset.

Getting this unrestricted engine is a priority for sure. I'm not trying to be "that guy", but it has been since April when this was announced and we're still waiting at this point...
    Like i said, asking on forums wont change a thing. Folks that are actually in charge or have any kind of info about it, rarely ever visit forums or reply to questions here.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Like i said, asking on forums wont change a thing. Folks that are actually in charge or have any kind of info about it, rarely ever visit forums or reply to questions here.
    Well that's certainly a shame Vlada, Uninformed is uninformed.

Not sure why they would introduce a 2.5hr reset on a server. it certainly doesn't make much sense to me, but then again, I am very small.

IB

Quote Originally Posted by BigQEd View Post
    Of course it's licensing... however, since there will be understandings, agreements, acknowledgments and/or offerings along with it, it would be considered a partnering or affiliate program within a business setting.

As one of the largest private SWG server that has followed "the rules" and not tried to hack or alter the SWGEMU (Engine3) engine, we will be proud to encourage players to contribute what they can to SWGEMU, as a partner.
    Is there a way I can lick this post? .... err I mean like?

IB
    Last edited by Lolindir; 08-10-2015 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Double post

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbark View Post
    Well that's certainly a shame Vlada, Uninformed is uninformed.

Not sure why they would introduce a 2.5hr reset on a server. it certainly doesn't make much sense to me, but then again, I am very small.

IB

Is there a way I can lick this post? .... err I mean like?

IB
    Go back and re-read all 7 pages. There's some history in there that will answer a few of your questions... - Duff

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aso View Post

Strangely, Awakening has been seeing a similar issue. We have had several instances post-pub7 time frame, that seem to cause issues with the player structure database. I also believe this can be attributed to the "public" version of the engine when used in servers with high traffic.

It's been 3 months since the announcement...

Honestly, should larger servers start looking at other options? (I just want things to start moving forward)

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by BigQEd View Post

It's been 3 months since the announcement...

Honestly, should larger servers start looking at other options? (I just want things to start moving forward)
    I would suggest you, and everyone else who has applied, continue to wait patiently.

I know for a fact that TA & Scurby have been hard at work reviewing & refining, but still---as trite as this may sound---we are all volunteers here w/ limited rl time to devote.

This entire announcement process is obviously top-priority though, so rest assured there will undoubtedly be an official comprehensive update as soon as humanly possible.

As to your 'similar server issue' : Be sure to read Ivojedi's reply above.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nee2earth View Post
    I would suggest you, and everyone else who has applied, continue to wait patiently.

I know for a fact that TA & Scurby have been hard at work reviewing & refining, but still---as trite as this may sound---we are all volunteers here w/ limited rl time to devote.

This entire announcement process is obviously top-priority though, so rest assured there will undoubtedly be an official comprehensive update as soon as humanly possible.
    As others have eluded too... we have been very patient. We ask that this be moved forward. We are starting to see a loss in momentum that was gained from the announcement and a higher level of frustration over resets (especially since they were set to an absolute 2.5).

Thanks,
    Ed
    Awakening Founder - FHEMU Developer

Closed Thread

Thread Information