Quote Originally Posted by Crisiss View Post
Like Vlada said, the only cause of the downward spiral is the lawyer fees. That's not a reason not to donate but a simple yes or no from ****** could solve our financial issue.
Quote Originally Posted by acidanarchy View Post
Big companies are like big government. When they see something they want to get rid of they generally play the financial game with them, which is letting things take as long as possible until the other party runs out of money and can't win.
Quote Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
Unfortunately, I used to work at ******. Sure, I worked in the IT dept, but I still mingled with all the other dept's. obviously. They do not let IP fall through the cracks, ever. They normally maintain a stranglehold on all IP even if it is simply shelved never to be used again. I will say this however... the ONE thing you have going for you right now is a prior agreement with SOE. ****** may be asshats when it comes to IP, but they are also deadly serious about agreements/contracts almost to a fault. If EMU has proof of an agreement with SOE, ****** will bite the bullet. If not, I expect this to be closed down as soon as they find the time to get around to it, and every single one of us who played it, will get a bill in the mail from the Mouse. ok, im joking about that last part, but after being under their employ... I'm only half joking.
Quote Originally Posted by Palu Wojciak View Post
Even if we are legally in the right, ****** has the money to drown us in bogus lawsuits. Sadly, it's a fairly common practice for large corporations to just financially destroy smaller projects even if said projects aren't doing anything wrong.
Are lawyer costs an ongoing factor, or was the $5,500 for letters the end of it? This seems like it could be a major threat to the project if it's ongoing.