Closed Thread

Thread: SWGEmu Finance Update June 2023

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sorry, but I think you must choose europeans services, it is less expensive than US services. And about Slack, well there is free opensource solution. About domain, you could pay 8$ for a dot com with other provider, not 12$ with Google. I think you must rethink all services and choose open source solutions. About cloud hosting, really, check europeans services, you could win about 20-30% less for different services. About GIT, for 70$/year with O2switch, you could have an hosting for the website, forum and GIT server.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nazoreen View Post
    Sorry, but I think you must choose europeans services, it is less expensive than US services. And about Slack, well there is free opensource solution. About domain, you could pay 8$ for a dot com with other provider, not 12$ with Google. I think you must rethink all services and choose open source solutions. About cloud hosting, really, check europeans services, you could win about 20-30% less for different services. About GIT, for 70$/year with O2switch, you could have an hosting for the website, forum and GIT server.

with out sounding like a D@@K you have a great point if they are renting a server the eu server base is as low at 47.3% less than the cheapest us server that is able to keep up with the demands of the server, that being said i do not see them changing over to eu/uk based server as most of the player base and staff are based in the Us and i do not see 80% of the server playing on 100-150 ping just to save some money.

but have you guys also though about buying a server ? there are accouple on the market that will easy be able to keep up with all 3 server's that you are hosting and the player base for around 3k with discounts 2.7k. then all you would need to do is host the server at someone's house and install a business line to there house. in the uk you are looking around 120-250 for the electric and 110 for the business line..

also would you be able to post the new server setup/spec's from when you changed to amazon services ??? as you went from 20$ to $2k would love to see the upgrade that you got from that ?
    Last edited by Mozzer; 06-04-2023 at 10:55 AM. Reason: adding more

Closed Thread

Thread Information