Thread: Introducing Player Events!

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Im still a bit unclear on what is within the boundaries for an event. For example, can we create factions or rules of engagement? What If I want to be able to allow players to create teams and battle regardless of faction? Can I designate objectives, like kill/destroy, capture (stand near it for a certain amount of time, basically), or even arrive at? Can I designate said objectives on players? NPCs? Other props? And can I place props myself? Will planning the event involve working closely with a coordinator to plan, place, and run the event, or will I just have permission to go about it as I described and be supplied with props?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingbush View Post
    Im still a bit unclear on what is within the boundaries for an event. For example, can we create factions or rules of engagement? What If I want to be able to allow players to create teams and battle regardless of faction? Can I designate objectives, like kill/destroy, capture (stand near it for a certain amount of time, basically), or even arrive at? Can I designate said objectives on players? NPCs? Other props? And can I place props myself? Will planning the event involve working closely with a coordinator to plan, place, and run the event, or will I just have permission to go about it as I described and be supplied with props?
    The only boundaries are the actual limits of what is coded into the game. To answer your questions, I cannot create custom factions, but eventually I should get TEFs working (possibly even group TEFs).

You will organize everything about your event, including objectives, rules of engagement, etc. The Event Coordinators will enforce those objectives. For example, if the event randomly picks a player as the "target" for others to kill, the ECs will broadcast a message regarding the target and TEF them to make them attackable. However, keep in mind that we can veto any aspect of your event, so keep it reasonable!

Props are placed by the Event Coordinator, since you will not be given any admin permissions for the event. You will work very closely with us, and we'll likely be grouped with you for the duration of the event. For most all events, there's usually a practice or dry-run before the event date so we can show you what props we can use, what the set up will be like, and how it will logistically work. It's at this dry run that you will see your event unfold and be able to make changes/additions.

Hope that helps!
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Thread Information