Closed Thread

Thread: New Play-Test Server Survey Results

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by RecksRacer View Post
    This is really a strawman argument tbh. NOBDOY is going to play 10 classes at once or 12 like you listed and be anywhere near as good at them as somebody that focuses on just a couple. Sure you can be seven things at once, but this new thing called time will prevent you from being excellent at them all.

Somebody playing 10 guys at once is not going to make the top quality gear and NEWSFLASH, they will still be interdependent because you just cant harvest and make EVERYTHING faster than you can simply buy it.

Ten is too many, 2 is too few for the current pop.
    its not a straw man argument, and if you look at the economy on bas, you will see why. making top quality gear is not about "time" as you put it. its about having the correct tapes, and the best resources. now it doesn't matter if you are a crafter or not, if you are not collecting the best resources from day 1, you are not playing the game right.

top tier items are easy to create, the best crafters are not known for crafting the best stuff, its about CONSISTENTLY crafting the best stuff. people use those vendors because they are reliable, not because they get an extra point over the next guy. its about having a good product that is readily available, so even a player who is as good an armoursmith as someone else, if he is too focused on his jedi grind, people wont use him because he is not consistent with providing a quality product.

Play Stats
    2h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkiller01 View Post
    its not a straw man argument, and if you look at the economy on bas, you will see why. making top quality gear is not about "time" as you put it. its about having the correct tapes, and the best resources. now it doesn't matter if you are a crafter or not, if you are not collecting the best resources from day 1, you are not playing the game right.

top tier items are easy to create, the best crafters are not known for crafting the best stuff, its about CONSISTENTLY crafting the best stuff. people use those vendors because they are reliable, not because they get an extra point over the next guy. its about having a good product that is readily available, so even a player who is as good an armoursmith as someone else, if he is too focused on his jedi grind, people wont use him because he is not consistent with providing a quality product.
    Which is usually why most shops were self sufficient and made armor, weapons, meds, clothing, droids, food, spice, etc, all in one place. And they were high end of course.

I have a Jedi, Swordsman, Fencer, TKM, Rifleman, Pikeman, on my account - all separate toons and all have the best weapons/armor/tapes.

His statement made no sense whatsoever.
    <JuDGE> Guild Leader | First SWGEmu Jedi Knight & Rank 11 Jedi Council Leader

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by SLiFeR View Post
    What changes do you have an issue with, exactly? You mention character slots and toons online in your post. Is that it? You know for 1.0 this was already confirmed basically, correct? Nobody had 10 toons in 2004, very few had more than 1 account for 2 online at once.

Staff had an open discussion with us about suggestions. You don't need 1 of everything. That's the point of having a community driven economy.

As I said in another post, Basilisk has been up for far too long, you're conditioned to think that's how the game should be. Other servers have been limiting this for a while and everything is fine.
    I think it is a reaction too far.

10 toons is too many I agree.

A better compromise would have been 2-3 toons with maybe a Jedi unlock and still allow two instances.

I just don't see a population high enough to support 2 toons with only 1 instance...but hopefully am wrong.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkiller01 View Post

Actually it is about time. But since you brought up the Bas economy, lets look at it. Is it bad because players have extra characters or is it bad because almost nobody is atk or pvping or really much of anything?

There is a lot of time investment in playing any class well and the more characters you try to play, the harder it is to play them all well.

But why am i arguing with somebody that thinks people only having 2 characters to buy things for will be better for the economy than people having 5-10 to buy for...Because i see a lot less houses, armor, weapons, food, clothing and vehicles being bought and sold on the new server after the initial push.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by RecksRacer View Post
    Actually it is about time. But since you brought up the Bas economy, lets look at it. Is it bad because players have extra characters or is it bad because almost nobody is atk or pvping or really much of anything?

There is a lot of time investment in playing any class well and the more characters you try to play, the harder it is to play them all well.

But why am i arguing with somebody that thinks people only having 2 characters to buy things for will be better for the economy than people having 5-10 to buy for...Because i see a lot less houses, armor, weapons, food, clothing and vehicles being bought and sold on the new server after the initial push.
    If you honestly think that is true then you should just stick with Bas and have fun with <20 ATK connections in a few months.

Closed Thread

Thread Information