+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rules, flameout, exploits and bans

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is a step in the right direction. Something that will help to raise the preceived legitimacy of the Emu team.
    The community needs to see that finding exploits is required but using them will not be tolerated.

I do have to question if the punishment for those involved was of sufficient severity.
    As has been said before, those who exploit like this will undoubtedly have broken the single account rule already.
    And, for many involved, this won't be their first ban for exploiting.
    <DOGBOY> Auld Skool WS
    ****** retired ******

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ljay1973 View Post
    I do have to question if the punishment for those involved was of sufficient severity.
    As has been said before, those who exploit like this will undoubtedly have broken the single account rule already.
    And, for many involved, this won't be their first ban for exploiting.
    Maybe it wasn't severe enough, but we were setting a precedent and changing our rules. Like I've said before, this kind of punishment was offered now but will not be offered to anyone again. This is just the first step, we hope its a step in the right direction.

There is no perfect system that can prevent multiple accounts abuse and those willing to put in extra time and effort will always find a way to go around any system we create. Only thing we can do is ban them when we catch them doing it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Maybe it wasn't severe enough, but we were setting a precedent and changing our rules. Like I've said before, this kind of punishment was offered now but will not be offered to anyone again. This is just the first step, we hope its a step in the right direction.

There is no perfect system that can prevent multiple accounts abuse and those willing to put in extra time and effort will always find a way to go around any system we create. Only thing we can do is ban them when we catch them doing it.
    Its definitely a step in the right direction. And a great sign for the future of the project (I feel anyway).
    As I've said in other posts, more overt action from the team will have a huge effect on the way the project is perceived. But we can't expect you VOLUNTEERS (I think we all need to sometimes remember thats what you are) to police the server at all times, we need to do some policing ourselves, through exploit reporting and the simple act of not tolerating exploiters or having anything to do with them. This may mean turning down the big credits for a sale, but it will be for the best in the long run.
    <DOGBOY> Auld Skool WS
    ****** retired ******

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post

I think that the action was tempered adequately. It was a change in rules and therefore, gives the benefit of a hard slap and begins to set the tone. Your second statement is exactly the dilemma of trying to set rules. Anyone who wants to try hard enough, will always find a way around them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information