Closed Thread

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Hybrid View

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    note those names that are all hyped. 6 months from now, be calling for another wipe.

Play Stats
    5h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Fissile View Post
    note those names that are all hyped. 6 months from now, be calling for another wipe.
    Not sure I agree. I mean, they've stated they want to keep making changes down the line. A lot of things are fixed with just these few changes. I could only see a wipe happening unless they made a change that requires a wipe OR 1.0/1.0+

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Regarding character slots please consider a time base unlock for more. I am assuming by account would be tough so wide unlocks would be easier(?), but if every 3 months you added a character slot up to 5 or w/e it would have a good balance.

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxed View Post
    Regarding character slots please consider a time base unlock for more. I am assuming by account would be tough so wide unlocks would be easier(?), but if every 3 months you added a character slot up to 5 or w/e it would have a good balance.
    What's the point? Making a remake of basilisk with everyone being self sufficient and killing the community & the economy again?
    Clearly, 2 characters is more than enough. Most of us played with only 1 char back on live. At least at start, and for the first months (years for some, most of my friends back then had only one account and one toon).
    Glenac Smodre .:[Smd]:.
    Drop-Off: Lok /way 520 5680 Nym's Express Badge

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenac View Post
    What's the point? Making a remake of basilisk with everyone being self sufficient and killing the community & the economy again?
    Clearly, 2 characters is more than enough. Most of us played with only 1 char back on live. At least at start, and for the first months (years for some, most of my friends back then had only one account and one toon).
    Back in Live days you had the option to buy a 2nd copy of the game and pay a 2nd monthly subscription (hell, you could have as many accounts as you could afford - both financially, and time wise). Many of us were happy to do so, which served the individual only in a lot of cases, but also allowed for plenty to serve the community also with doctors, entertainers and crafters alike.

I get we don't want multi-accounters exploiting and gaining big advantages, but at the same time we need the facility for people to get buffs and resources/components to serve the community without limiting players options as much.

It's pretty much an impossible situation given that this project cannot charge subscriptions, but there won't be the same options that there were back in Live days. How will this effect the new server moving on? Only time will tell.

It's just a crying shame that the minority that exploit the current system ruin those options for the rest of us.
    Katsa - TKM/Master Ranger | Biznatch - Currently Training
    Reasonable Resources (Animal) located south of Coronet -185 -5880

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fissile View Post
    Not betting against you but I guess we will have to wait and see
    Drop off: Loot from the all mighty
    South Eisley Mall : 3522 - 5596

Closed Thread

Thread Information