+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Basilisk maintenance - 7/14/12

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by furret831 View Post
    Hello sunshine!
    What is this thing called "sunshine"? Is that what you get when you step outside? Haha!

On a side note, I know information on the server hardware is posted somewhere, but have the devs considered doing a raid setup on their SSD's? Also, heads up this past week on newegg.com they had the Vertex3 240gb SSD's for under $120

Play Stats
    Inactive

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by drogomoss View Post
    What is this thing called "sunshine"? Is that what you get when you step outside? Haha!

On a side note, I know information on the server hardware is posted somewhere, but have the devs considered doing a raid setup on their SSD's? Also, heads up this past week on newegg.com they had the Vertex3 240gb SSD's for under $120
    You definately dont want to use the garden variety SSD in this scenario. SSDs have a limited number of writes and they were probably reaching their limit, hince the rubberbanding on saves.

I am thinking that the Devs are installing nice new Industrial Strength SSDs that can handle significantly more writes but also come at a price much greater than $120.

Like you, Drogomoss, I am facinately by this thing called sunshine. I must go investigate, though perhaps a shower first might be in order
    Last edited by mrbenson; 07-14-2012 at 01:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information