Thread: Publish 1: The Warren and Vendors

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by cRush View Post
    A) Immobilized and Evading are states that are still in the client, and always have been in the client, and a full dump from SOE would have included these states, which was the line of thought when we encountered the guide from the JTL era.
    B) Fan shot is also listed as a single target attack in the tool tip in game, which makes it obvious, when considering that a dump was made for Prima from SOE, why they listed it also as a single shot attack.
    C) Prima never updated the information in the guide from the pre-launch Prima guide. We assumed that they did. When we found out that they didn't, we investigated SOE forums, and still found that modifiers weren't quite right, but were closer than before we changed them.
    D) Stop being an asshat trying to make a big deal out of nothing. We are doing our best to recreate this game. What exactly are you doing? Just seems shady that you come on the forums and talk trash instead of help the effort.
    Wow, did not mean to piss you off. I just did a little reading and I clearly was not understanding why some things were being pushed through so quickly. I thought, as this is a project based extensively on your expertise and the communities awareness and resources, it would be a good idea to discuss this since it was missing in the patch notes and a lot of people seemed to have conflicting opinions. I appreciate your work, and I am eternally grateful for everything you guys do, but I always knew the team for being focused more so on quality instead of quantity. It felt rushed (just my opinion) and I was concerned. Thank you for addressing my concerns in an organized post, I really appreciate that.

A) I had no idea those were still in the client from the original beta, but the guide including the states seemed to look like the guide makers did 0 research and just copied whatever info they saw first. You know first hand that a lot of the skills never worked like their descriptions. The guide lists every skill as it functions according to the in game tool tip, so I was very worried that this might become some kind of iron clad document when I felt it was lacking in correspondence. Thank you for pointing that out for me.

B) That makes a lot of sense, the wording itself is the most confusing part in the end it seems, not the actual functioning of the skill. It makes sense to me now that since this is how the targeting system works, it would be listed as a single target attack in that manner.

C) I'm glad to hear that the modifiers are closer now, but still kind of concerned why we didn't test them more thoroughly before throwing them on Basilisk. I am sure now though, that we will see how the tweaked values behave.

D) Never my intention, sorry for offending you. I too, want to see this game recreated at its best. I think being open and pointing things that a lot of people seem to have missed is an important factor, and that it goes hand in hand with the open source nature of the project.

Sorry again, for offending you or anyone else on the team.

Retired SWGEmu Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlad View Post
    C) I'm glad to hear that the modifiers are closer now, but still kind of concerned why we didn't test them more thoroughly before throwing them on Basilisk. I am sure now though, that we will see how the tweaked values behave.
    Because they calculate out to be exactly what they were before...we just changed the way they were calculated.
    Inactive Core Developer
    Retired Developer Lead

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Because they calculate out to be exactly what they were before...we just changed the way they were calculated.
    Well then I completely misunderstood how everything was being factored in and I completely apologize. I thought I was raising awareness and hoping for a community discussion/opinion when I was actually being more counter productive. Thanks for taking the time to educate me on how the game works and how these factors were being calculated in. Clearly I had a misunderstanding of the mechanics at the very core (which is probably why I am a terrible coder to begin with).

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

You just picked the wrong thread to pick a fight, lol. You just get to be that guy for a minute and its back to usual later.
    Kyle
    Retired
    Leaving > Staying

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

You just picked the wrong thread to pick a fight, lol. You just get to be that guy for a minute and its back to usual later.
    Hahahahahaha

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

Haha I don't mind being that guy. Not gonna let rage get to me. I really didn't mean to offend any of you guys, you guys are resurrecting my favorite game of all time. The only game I still consistently tell stories to people about long after it has been buried. This project is so freaking amazing, and the only reason I posted anything in the first place was because at the end of the thread I listed in the dev discussion I still had absolutely no idea what was being implemented, how it was going to work, and what was going to change.

I love calculating my damage out and crunching numbers in general for theorycrafting my character on paper, so when I had a lot of blanks left I just figured I would post some things that I noticed and felt were undocumented. Didn't expect to incite massive rage. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me, and cRush too. Just shows that you guys have no problem showing everyone what you do, how you do it, and why you do it. If anything, it adds more power to the project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Haha I don't mind being that guy. Not gonna let rage get to me. I really didn't mean to offend any of you guys, you guys are resurrecting my favorite game of all time. The only game I still consistently tell stories to people about long after it has been buried. This project is so freaking amazing, and the only reason I posted anything in the first place was because at the end of the thread I listed in the dev discussion I still had absolutely no idea what was being implemented, how it was going to work, and what was going to change.

I love calculating my damage out and crunching numbers in general for theorycrafting my character on paper, so when I had a lot of blanks left I just figured I would post some things that I noticed and felt were undocumented. Didn't expect to incite massive rage. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me, and cRush too. Just shows that you guys have no problem showing everyone what you do, how you do it, and why you do it. If anything, it adds more power to the project.
    The unit of measurement you're looking for is the Kahn.

I believe this thread briefly hit around 7 Kahns.

-Confusion is a state of mind, or is it?

Lefia Hawes <TBI>

Retired SWGEmu Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive

I apologize then since it seems you are heartfelt. I think the problem was that your tone doesn't fit the norm around here, and matched more of the condescending idiots we get occasionally who accuse us of doing everything wrong intentionally, and trying to sabotage the game we are working our *** off to recreate (doesn't make sense right?)

So, I'm sorry, for what it's worth, for immediately putting you into that category, based solely upon the tone of your writing.

PS. If you want to number crunch, you should keep that to the developer section.
    Inactive Core Developer
    Retired Developer Lead

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I apologize then since it seems you are heartfelt. I think the problem was that your tone doesn't fit the norm around here, and matched more of the condescending idiots we get occasionally who accuse us of doing everything wrong intentionally, and trying to sabotage the game we are working our *** off to recreate (doesn't make sense right?)

So, I'm sorry, for what it's worth, for immediately putting you into that category, based solely upon the tone of your writing.
    No apology necessary. I do tier 1-3 tech support for my University so I figure my writing reeks of loss of faith in humanity. Honestly I never post much on here. I have been lurking since 06 and I think I was the Pistoleer correspondent for like... 3 weeks on the old forums, so I have seen plenty of people mobbed and shown the door. Worst thing to do is respond to rage with rage. Thanks for showing me how the calculations were actually working, it makes a lot of sense to me now. I was thinking it was a simple A*B = C ordeal when it seems to be much more (ridiculously) complicated than that. Thanks again for your hard work.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wow, did not mean to piss you off. I just did a little reading and I clearly was not understanding why some things were being pushed through so quickly. I thought, as this is a project based extensively on your expertise and the communities awareness and resources, it would be a good idea to discuss this since it was missing in the patch notes and a lot of people seemed to have conflicting opinions. I appreciate your work, and I am eternally grateful for everything you guys do, but I always knew the team for being focused more so on quality instead of quantity. It felt rushed (just my opinion) and I was concerned. Thank you for addressing my concerns in an organized post, I really appreciate that.

A) I had no idea those were still in the client from the original beta, but the guide including the states seemed to look like the guide makers did 0 research and just copied whatever info they saw first. You know first hand that a lot of the skills never worked like their descriptions. The guide lists every skill as it functions according to the in game tool tip, so I was very worried that this might become some kind of iron clad document when I felt it was lacking in correspondence. Thank you for pointing that out for me.

B) That makes a lot of sense, the wording itself is the most confusing part in the end it seems, not the actual functioning of the skill. It makes sense to me now that since this is how the targeting system works, it would be listed as a single target attack in that manner.

D) Never my intention, sorry for offending you. I too, want to see this game recreated at its best. I think being open and pointing things that a lot of people seem to have missed is an important factor, and that it goes hand in hand with the open source nature of the project.

Sorry again, for offending you or anyone else on the team.
    The internet, where you will be crucified for a single post because people aren't actually speaking to each other; just typing.
    Dame Duclare
    Team Xavia

Retired Communications Team Manager

dame@swgemu.com | swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Thread Information