Quote Originally Posted by oMek View Post
JTL is dead RIP, can we at least get instant planet travel that came along with it?
Quote Originally Posted by makednoce View Post
Is planetary flight unavailable as well?
-- Copying my response to the JTL thread in the Developer forums --

Quote Originally Posted by Asifab19 View Post
I am just asking this because I simply do not understand what JTL actually entails and takes to make work here on swgemu. However I believe there are other servers that have JTL up and running. I am just wondering how were they able to get this done with out it previously being done here. Though it might not be a pre-cu server that I was told JTL is working on. I imagine if it wasn't a pre-cu server that the JTL there is very different from what we would need here?
We are aware of some servers that claim to have JTL, but we're not aware of any that have the pre-CU game, fully functioning. That said some have used stolen source code to get the NGE experience going, we refuse to use the stolen code, we prefer to keep with our original direction of developing code from scratch.

Also a few questions I would like to ask if you guys do not mind.

1. Can you access a ship and go into space via the terminals at the spaceports?
Yes, but collision is not working well so you can't fight or fly to places without just running through everything.

2. While in space are you able to leave the cockpit and go into the ships that have a living quarters attached to them?
Spaceships are houses, so navigating the interiors is not a big challenge.

3. While in space do you see other players? Just not enemies?
You can see them on the mini-map, and to some extent outside the windows, but again without collision its not a great experience.

4. Is there any chance of giving ship access simply to avoid the starport run around, like having to go to Corellia instead of going from say Tatootine straight to Yavin IV?
Yes it is possible.

5. If these things are not yet possible, would they be possible with extra dev support ( A new dev willing to donate time to make just these things work)?
Many more things are possible with extra developer support, again this isn't use throwing our hands up, we've spent many months digging in and found the challenges to be more than we can address in a timely manner.

I feel these are questions that many will now wonder about, and if we can get some clarification on if these things would even be possible with out the entirety of JTL being done would be fantastic.

Thanks for all the hard work and time you've all donated to this project to bring back this amazing game for us.
Thanks for the questions and recognizing that we're doing our best to keep the game alive.