Thread: New Play-Test Server Survey Results

Threaded View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by SLiFeR View Post

Apparently you are not aware. You could have posted your opinions in this thread, like everyone else: https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241977

Instead, you were too busy posting in the Basilisk trade forums. Huh, I wonder what the motives are here?

Yeah, you got me - I've been 'banging the same drum' for what, 2 weeks since I got back here? And you have been here less than 2 years? You can check my join date, how can you make a false claim like that? LOL.

Again, you seem very heavily invested in Basilisk. I think we know what's going on here and why you don't want to see a new server with better changes that reflect a true pre-cu experience we had in 2004.

Is the Jedi who wronged you in the room with us right now?

So you want a server like Basilisk where Jedi suck, after months of time investment - because of 10 years of resources, ADKs, 70% LS psgs, and broken weapons is more fun for you? What's your definition of overpowered? Are these things not overpowered? Only overpowered if they have a glowbat? Cool, stay on Basilisk then. That's not how Pre-CU was. You can look up many videos where Jedi were prevalent. Here's one:

Looks like a lot of Jedi. Not sure what to tell you. Ever heard of a stacker? Doesn't seem overpowered to me.

Nothing's personal - it's a game. As I pointed out, you seem very attached to Basilisk based on your post history. I don't think you've been around here long enough to fully understand the bigger picture. Next time there's an important thread with 10k+ views, voice your input. Don't start throwing insults because you didn't get your way.

Respect the Staff decision, and make your own decision now that they presented to you.

1. Play the new server
    2. Play Basilisk
    3. Play both servers
    4. Don't play at all

Simple as that.
    The 1 v 1 battle does nothing to disprove the imbalance in the game. The pikeman is using a legendary weapon for a start, many of the comments suggest the Jedi is using a weak template, and there's no way of knowing if an ADK'd PSG is being used (not to mention an ADK' LS as plenty of Jedi will have used theirs for a capped/near cap LS)

The group Jedi battle shows a large number of Jedi, but doesn't reflect what percentage of the server population that represents. I've never stated that there were hardly any Jedi, simply that they were less common back then. Make it easier and quicker to unlock a Padawan now, and even easier to build one to a full template thanks to a decade of people learning how to level way faster than ever before and they will be more prevalent than ever.

If you need to have a quite specific build to 1 v 1 a Jedi, such as a melee stacker build, this then limits any PVE content greatly, and is therefore not well balanced. Give them a better source of protection vs LS allows for a better range of options.

I'm not bitter about Jedi, I had my own Jedi Knight on live. I just don't see the argument that ADK's alone made Jedi useless.

Am I invested in Basilisk? Yes, I play on here regularly and I still enjoy it. I still voted for a new server, but that I would probably invest time into both. Please stop making blanket assumptions and generalizations about me based on little or no evidence. The level of condescension is utterly toxic.

A simply search of your recent posts show just how much you keep going over the same points over and over. A search of mine will show me mostly focusing on the server I currently play on, and occasionally offering my opinion on new changes that have been announced. Something that I'm starting to regret given the toxicity of your responses. Yet somehow I'm the one resorting to insults?

/facepalm
    Last edited by Katsa; 12-14-2021 at 08:01 PM.
    Katsa - TKM/Master Ranger | Biznatch - Currently Training
    Reasonable Resources (Animal) located south of Coronet -185 -5880

Thread Information