Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit... Item cleanup.

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Rischie View Post
    One major problem I see, is that if they are account bound, all the weapons that people lost will be extremely hard to replace, because MOST high end weapons already have an adk on them. So it will be even harder for someone who just lost stuff to get it again. On the trade forums you see almost exclusively high end stuff only come with an adk because when someone makes it they immediately slap one on. This essentially takes all the good weapons out of circulation and will inflate the prices which will be impossible for most people to replace their stuff.

Is there are middle ground where we can remove adked items from the adks without getting them destroyed for a little bit? Or maybe even you have the option now to either destroy the item OR destroy the Adk.

Something like that I think would be interesting. Just a suggestion.
    I thought the account-bound solution was just something to allow people to move ADKed stuff between their own toons while they're still "no trade". I didn't think the intention was to leave it like that indefinitely.

I certainly see the value of doing that 1.0, but switching now would result in a lot of unnecessary unfairness like you mentioned.

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrson View Post
    I thought the account-bound solution was just something to allow people to move ADKed stuff between their own toons while they're still "no trade". I didn't think the intention was to leave it like that indefinitely.

I certainly see the value of doing that 1.0, but switching now would result in a lot of unnecessary unfairness like you mentioned.
    Yes we could do it for some "testing" period and then just turn it all off.

Also we could just delete them all and reset so everyone gets exactly 1..
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    Also we could just delete them all
    Don't threaten me with a good time

Play Stats
    Inactive
    May I ask what the downside to a reset is?
    Is there a portion of the community that does NOT want that? (I have yet to hear anyone say they don't want a reset)

I've only recently rejoined the EMU fun since around 2013, but from what I see so far it makes complete sense.

Would love to see a server reset with projected 1.0 code.
    - 1 adk per account
    - 2 or 3 toons per account (with the option to pay for another character slot for an extremely high amount of credits, only 1 for a total of 3 or 4 toons)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yes we could do it for some "testing" period and then just turn it all off.

Also we could just delete them all and reset so everyone gets exactly 1..
    I mean lets be honest here and call a spade a spade. Bas has never been 14.1 compliant. Staff added in that you get kicked out of geo caves a long time a go which was never a thing, and ever single time I asked why, it was because reasons. So the model of 14.1 was deviated a LONG time ago this was like pub 3 or 4. You either stick to you guns or you dont, and that was already broken awhile ago. It's actually something that never stat well with me because it was the ONLY exception apparently that was ok to make.

So lets treat it as it is meant to be, and make it a test server, and test as many new ideas as we can out of it.

It would be one thing if you stuck to your guns and ABSOLUTELY made bas 14.1, but you have already broken your own rules a LONG time ago. Delete them, dont delete them. Hell lets make this a test environment! Lets start testing possible 1.0 stuff. Why not? 14.1 went out the window years ago.
    Last edited by Rischie; 08-18-2020 at 05:57 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    One step closer. Thanks for the work you do

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    FYI Some items remain noTrade to avoid complications (Houses, Tents, etc.) and will stay that way.

Please contact support if you see something strange still showing Red notrade text, I tried to be super cautious about what I let the system delete in bulk, that said it was still 5,657 items.

I suspect some factory crates are broken because the items in the crate were deleted but the crate wasn't, I'll try and circle back on those over the next couple of days.
    LordKator
    Developer

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    LK- "The primary goal is to get the monitoring in place, which is now in place and being used to watch for more of these as we go forward"

+1 interwebz for great efforts LK! Bright days ahead.......
    Retired Community Relations

Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The ADKs attached to flagged items were deleted together with those items. It appears this didn't work as intended.
    Vendor: -3027, -4562 (Gorath, Tatooine)

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by esmiswg View Post
    The ADKs attached to flagged items were deleted together with those items. It appears this didn't work as intended.
    They were NOT deleted, they were refunded however they look attached so they will not show up in inventory.

It's 135 items out of 500 Million objects and 5,657 deletions.

Please be patient, I logged every single transaction down the to oid's of adk's that were refunded.

I'm working on a fix so you can see these items, not sure if we should leave Basilisk down for however long it takes to write the change, test and deploy.
    LordKator
    Developer

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I had an adk'd t21 delete with the adk. Even though i never got an email about the adk being bad or being deleted. Just the rifle. =(

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    As stated in other threads they were invisible, literally the next morning they were returned, if you think you did not get the ADK back contact support.
    LordKator
    Developer

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    NOTICE

I've had some reports that underlying ADK's were not returned.

That is NOT true, the problem is you need to hard log, exit your client, go get a beer, come back, login and they'll be in the inventory of the character who had the item on them, again the email could be a tiny bit off, please check hat before contacting support.

If you're still convinced you can't find them then please contact support and we'll check the logs, I kept extensive logs on every single action, be patient with us we will get through this.
    LordKator
    Developer

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    NOTICE

I've had some reports that underlying ADK's were not returned.

That is NOT true, the problem is you need to hard log, exit your client, go get a beer, come back, login and they'll be in the inventory of the character who had the item on them, again the email could be a tiny bit off, please check hat before contacting support.

If you're still convinced you can't find them then please contact support and we'll check the logs, I kept extensive logs on every single action, be patient with us we will get through this.
    I tried this, and its still missing. I contacted support

Also. when i double click my backpack i get "This crate is broken, please contact support if you get this message " Odd one there

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I bought gloves within the last few days, put in a clothing attachment, logged in to get an e-mail that my gloves were deleted... Heard this happened to someone else in Discord...

Closed Thread

Thread Information