Closed Thread

Thread: SWGEmu - 1.0 and the future of JTL

Hybrid View

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrax989 View Post
    It's a bit hard to contribute to the jtl portion of the project when the design concept / shift...
    Please you post to a link about the "Hype Train" and a video about testing as if these are proof we're holding back.

/sarcasm on
    You're right, secretly we have so much fun playing JTL without you all we've just decided to keep it to ourselves.
    /sarcasm off (maybe)

If you have the skills step up, seriously, I have offered full SWGEmu support for a team that can prove to our devs they can pull it off. Imagine that, official support, our servers, my tools and support keeping your systems up and running, some level of "consultation" from the rest of the dev team to help you on your way.

But to be clear, if you can't commit code to Core3 the thing you need to do for JTL will be beyond your talents. I'm sorry its a sad truth. I personally know I could do it, but it would mean my wife watching the back of my head for long periods of time. It turns out I married her because I met her in SWG so you can imagine how exciting it would be for her to watch the back of my head while I ignore her when we could be playing the game we loved and extending it beyond our wildest dreams. (sorry she didn't like JTL either, we met on the ground).

Anyway, I'm sorry this has upset people, to be clear like Miztah said we see ZERO blockers towards this becoming a future expansion. But this team is not dedicated to it, we're tired, we bashed our heads against it and in the end JTL made us tired not inspired.

What would you prefer? An inspired dev team or a tired one?
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    I personally know I could do it, but it would mean my wife watching the back of my head for long periods of time. It turns out I married her because I met her in SWG so you can imagine how exciting it would be for her to watch the back of my head while I ignore her when we could be playing the game we loved and extending it beyond our wildest dreams. (sorry she didn't like JTL either, we met on the ground).
    Too bad they didn't meet in space, things would be alot different.
    Ok guys you heard it, just need to convince his wife that he's fulfilling his purpose in life of making swgemu 14.1 compliant.

Lol just kidding, im actually happy that this will bring us closer to the server wipe. That's about the only thing im looking forward to.

Closed Thread

Thread Information