Closed Thread

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    +1 for wipe.

Introducing Jedi into an environment similar to what Suncrusher will be for testing is as good as you will get from a meaningful feedback standpoint IMHO. I'd also be a fan of tossing in some cash to help get the additional hardware where you all would want/need it moving forward on the push towards Suncrusher.

Thanks!

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow30 View Post
    +1 for wipe.

Introducing Jedi into an environment similar to what Suncrusher will be for testing is as good as you will get from a meaningful feedback standpoint IMHO. I'd also be a fan of tossing in some cash to help get the additional hardware where you all would want/need it moving forward on the push towards Suncrusher.

Thanks!
    Erm, how?
    It will take players longer to get to the village.. and complete village grind. Therefore it will take longer for any bugs to be stumbled upon, test and ironed out.
    Please tell me how a wipe will benefit testing? because I don't see it.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Question Jedi

I'm still kind of new so I don't know. But if all that is required to start being a Jedi is to get a couple badges and master a class, then it does worry me that the server will become overloaded with Jedi and not enough bountyhunters to counteract it if there's a whipe.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmanyo View Post
    I'm still kind of new so I don't know. But if all that is required to start being a Jedi is to get a couple badges and master a class, then it does worry me that the server will become overloaded with Jedi and not enough bountyhunters to counteract it if there's a whipe.
    Its more complicated than that. The requirements to get the old man visit mean you have to have done a few of the end game things like the corvette or DWB.

Then you have to be able to survive dathomir. The village takes months to complete and then you unlock a Jedi.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ok cool that sounds better.. also I wonder if there will be player bounties on others besides Jedi..in the Publish 9:secrets of the force redux under "events , dungeons, etc", it states "added player bounty hunting" doesn't just say Jedi, but who knows.. I'd love to see more pvp

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by captainstormy View Post
    Its more complicated than that. The requirements to get the old man visit mean you have to have done a few of the end game things like the corvette or DWB.

Then you have to be able to survive dathomir. The village takes months to complete and then you unlock a Jedi.
    This is incorrect. You don't have to have done the DWB or Corvette...you need to have done Jabba's Park, IMP or REB park, Nym's Park and the Warren. And then a bunch of badges. You can substitute the Vette for the Warren or a themepark
    http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/...i-information/

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmanyo View Post
    Master four classes. They don't tell you which four. So you have to guess, and hope. Later down the road Sony introduced Holocrons, which told you one of the classes you had to master. You could use three of them to figure out 3/4 of your classes (out of a possible 32). The fourth Holocron was "silent", so the only way to become glowy was to keep mastering classes until the old man showed up. So, no, it's NOT just "master a class and you get a glow bat, pwn brrt".

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I really would like to see more people with the Donation Icon on their profiles.

Everyone show your support to the Devs by foregoing Starbucks (or whatever you're into) and putting some coin towards our server!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by susanmarblesoft View Post
    I really would like to see more people with the Donation Icon on their profiles.

Everyone show your support to the Devs by foregoing Starbucks (or whatever you're into) and putting some coin towards our server!
    If 1/10th of everyone that played donated 3/5$ per month on auto draft when they could afford it, we would be golden:
    Lonstetti Gorhime
    Gruka Gorhime
    Drop Off: BH Armor Depot CNET 300 -5572

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryjarob View Post
    Erm, how?
    It will take players longer to get to the village.. and complete village grind. Therefore it will take longer for any bugs to be stumbled upon, test and ironed out.
    Please tell me how a wipe will benefit testing? because I don't see it.
    The current state of Basilisk is completely out of sorts due to the years of farming and power creep. The Jedi class were never designed nor tweaked to survive in these conditions. The debate on the forums in this regards is pretty straight forward, the only thing a Jedi could do now is really run-in, heal, run out. You will not be able to stand toe-to-toe with any of the top tier PVP'ers from a simple equipment imbalance issue (it would be literally laughable). Suncrusher will be "prestine" similar to a wipe on Basilisk. There would be a lag phase, yes, but then you would have them existing in a world perspective against contemporaries that will have a substantively reduced power curve. Any balancing can be viewed much more clearly in this environment. In reference to your brute force testing for bugs, etc. I would agree but that's what TC Nova is for. You can simulate whatever we need there to hammer things out if we think it's really an issue. Even if this slows down suncrusher by 6 months, at least we all (Devs included) will get some insight on what that's going to look like with all classes in play. Just my thoughts.

Closed Thread

Thread Information