Closed Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu - 1.0 and the future of JTL

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyus1 View Post
    EVE Online isn't a flight sim. It's a game set in space where you control spaceships, yes... but absolutely nothing like a flight sim.
    Better suggestions would be Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen.
    Thanks Mobyus1 and Praxi34.... I am trying to get ED or SC loaded for years but have not had the drive/time to do so as it is not StarWars lol
    I run Linux only and moving from wine32 to wine64 has caused some problems for all my gaming anyway.

ED or SC would be cool but to get my fix I play https://www.vendetta-online.com/ from time to time,
    infact being a FlightSim only indie game (that supports Windows/Mac/Linux/Android...) it would be a fit to skin for SWG but they have a subcription base income,
    might be an avenue to explore a bit SWGemu-VO add-on that is not JTL but skinned with SWG allowing SWGemu to bring to the game
    SW fan base, VO flight engine, SWGemu space ports as doors to VO, allowing a possible share to subscription LOL.

BTW Thanks SWGemu Devs so much for your work, and I understand the constraints and complexity of doing JTL at this time,
    specially with all the ground gamers support to not bother wasting time in something they are not interested in.
    Consolidation of base can be a uncomfortable fact of life. lol
    Last edited by Maxiom; 09-16-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Play Stats
    392h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxiom View Post
    ED or SC would be cool but to get my fix I play https://www.vendetta-online.com/ from time to time,

I tried that game a couple years ago but couldn't get a joystick to work with it, hate flying with keyboard. Little keys + big fingers = dead. Also, I saw maybe 3 people the two weeks I played the thing.
    Still.... it was better than nothing, maybe I'll load it up again.
    Profit's Drop
    Lavender Wildlands, Talus. -5295 -3750

Play Stats
    14h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post

FYI I am recruiting for JTL SIG, no promises, but I will take time to see if we can find the right people for the job: Call for Developers: JTL SIG
    Sweet I will send anyone i find to this thread.
    LK I thank you for your devotion to the JTL community
    Last edited by Walking carpet; 09-16-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I respect you decission and guess posted on page 4 I vote for motivated Devs no tired ones!
    This game is fantastic and Devs invested a lot of strength and love during all the time I know it (2011-2018).
    Even if I do a SWG break I am thankfull for the work you do and hope you don't lose the Motivation, THX

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Pretty sure you are like me - when you first played this game, there were no kids! Anyway, I’ve been and on again, off again player - and have come back after a spell and I gotta say - what an incredible, INCREDIBLE job you and the team have done. My respect -

Jodas (Corbantis)

Play Stats
    375h last 30d
    I am personally super excited to see the project get to this point and im more delighted to read posts suggesting that 1.0 is in the future and that there are people willing to be a part of running said server. Im sure I recall a time where there was no one willing to run Suncrusher even if we reached the point where it could happen. Im slightly less motivated to relist some items on my vendor tonight but its time to start planing, soon there will be new cities to run and guess its time to save a copy of my macros once more
    Finalizer 5184 6258 Kadarra
    12PT Force Sensitive Armorsmith & 12PT Chef

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Unlucky...been following SWGEmu for years with the hope of playing JTL.

Happy that you guys are looking for more hands to help rather than giving up on it, but certainly bummed about the news.

I basically lived in space, so although I loved the ground game it would be really hard for me to play SWG without that option.
    I was in space so much that even though I wanted to be a shipwright, I never even really got anywhere with crafting lmao.

Honestly I wish I had any experience coding, I would absolutely love to help out, but alas.
    If by some chance I run into someone who could help, I'll gladly point them this way.
    I'll always keep an eye out here for future updates.
    Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in over the years, it's been crazy to watch the status list slowly go from red to green. Every time a feature got relisted in green it made me happy, and I haven't even played.

In the meantime, years more though it may be for JTL, I hope SC/Squadron 42 makes good progress.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Personally, I think this is great news! Lets be honest, ONLY the team coding knows whats best to move this project forward.
    People shouldn't really see this as a negative anyway think about it, all focus will be on the ground game, a lot more tweaks and fixes that potentially could of been missed because of rushing onto JTL.
    The best thing is we all have the ground game to enjoy and you never know what happens overtime, more coders could join the team or current coders could have less time but regardless we'll have a completed ground game that we can all enjoy.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Tis a shame...

I was really looking forward to playing JTL in a pre-cu environment that was reliable. It looks like the devs are suggesting that JTL will be a bigger challenge than even the core game was. I guess I need to just move on and find an alternative. Dont think I want to wait in anticipation for another decade...

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by christophermcne View Post
    I was really looking forward to playing JTL in a pre-cu environment that was reliable. It looks like the devs are suggesting that JTL will be a bigger challenge than even the core game was. I guess I need to just move on and find an alternative. Dont think I want to wait in anticipation for another decade...
    We're still recruiting for the JTL SIG and we may yet get it moving, I doubt it's a decade if we can get more people to join the dev team and focus on JTL.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    /crossfingers

@lordkator a big thanks to you and the other Devs for ALL the afford that is put into the project and for trying to get JTL started!!

You guys rock.

Rangerservice by Eule - Eules Resources of Quality Vendor / Coronet 959 -4746

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyus1 View Post
    EVE Online isn't a flight sim. It's a game set in space where you control spaceships, yes... but absolutely nothing like a flight sim.

Better suggestions would be Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen.
    One could also play Discovery mod freelancer, also there is freeworlds Freelancer which is Star Wars, but nobody plays freeworlds.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by futuramaman View Post
    freeworlds Freelancer
    For the devs, what about moding our own version? Would you be able to bridge the two?

Won't be playing Finalizer and inactive until 1.0.

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by kenobuOwan View Post
    For the devs, what about moding our own version? Would you be able to bridge the two?
    This was asked and answered a few pages ago, but no it is not practical or realistic to fit another game into the hole that JTL has. It will be far easier getting JTL online than making something new or attaching something else.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Fastburn@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastburn View Post
    This was asked and answered a few pages ago, but no it is not practical or realistic to fit another game into the hole that JTL has. It will be far easier getting JTL online than making something new or attaching something else.
    What about this engine... https://www.moddb.com/engines/fs2-open-engine

Won't be playing Finalizer and inactive until 1.0.

Closed Thread

Thread Information