+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Launchpad Enhanced issues - 07/21/13

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Well, complete repair is pretty much a full reinstall of SWGEmu cleint.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Well, complete repair is pretty much a full reinstall of SWGEmu cleint.
    Just double-checking: So if things seem to working just fine by simply manually clicking the 'swgemu.exe' file to play (from now on) , i needn't bother with downloading this "new" version of the LPE , correct?

p.s. *Thanks* again for your replies today Vlada (and others) .

Play Stats
    Inactive
    There is no new vesrion of LPE and probably never will be, there are no client side updates that LPE needs to download if there are we will announce it. If and when new launcher/installer shows up it will be a different one and we will announce that too.

So as soon as you have everything back in working order here is what you do:

1. Locate swgemu.exe in C:\SWGEmu folder and create a shortcut on your desktop
    2. Make a copy (backup) of your SWGEmu folder in a safe location or two.
    3. Every month or two backup just your Profiles folder (it contains your macros, notes and UI settings). You can replace the one in your backed up SWGEmu folder or save it in a different location.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm having a different problem - I can run the game just fine by running swgemu.exe directly, but if I try to run the LPE a command prompt opens (blank) and this error comes up "C:\PROGRA~1\LAUNCH~1\LAUNCH~1.EXE The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:1269 IP:0186 OP:66 63 29 20 7b Choose 'Close to terminate the application" There are two buttons - close and ignore. If i click close, it closes, if I click ignore, the same message appears but the error code is different (CS:1269 IP:0187 OP:63 29 20 7b 0a). If I click ignore again nothing more appears (including the launchpad).
    EURO-FARSTAR - FISHY'FISHY, MRBADASS FISHY - LUNA, MASH, HATE, TDR
    SWG EMU - BRUUCE BOGTROTTER, CREAMYBOUJE, DOG'THE BOUNTY-HUNTER

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Then dont use LPE, its useless anyway.

Or if you are really set on using it, unistall LPE, delete LPECommon folder, clean your registry and then reinstall LPE.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I personally never had a problem with LPE. But I have more then one server setup in it. The last server I was on was Veers. When I slected Official as the server it loaded the game just fine. I did notice once that inside the (swgemu_login.cfg) file say (nova.swgemu.com) and not (login.swgemu.com). I don't know why that is, but it works fine and i'm on the Baslisk server not Nova server.

LPE for me at least will automatically change the (swgemu_login.cfg) file to whatever server I want to login to. So I have never had to manually change the login.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I got online fine my normal way (LPE.exe) should I really be using a different way to get in Galaxy? Sorry I dont speak computer very well.
    I figure if I can get in and all seems fine,,do nothing.
    Meditate on this, I will.

Syck Byrd

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yeah I followed the instructions and I still get "NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal operation" ??? I don't mind using SWGEmu.exe, but will my game still update?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by gpig3 View Post
    Yeah I followed the instructions and I still get "NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal operation" ??? I don't mind using SWGEmu.exe, but will my game still update?
    There are not client side updates, so LPE is not necessary after you install the game client.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Then dont use LPE, its useless anyway.

Or if you are really set on using it, unistall LPE, delete LPECommon folder, clean your registry and then reinstall LPE.
    I found a way to fix the error.
    Step 1: Go into the folder where you installed Launchpad Enhanced. (For me this is C:\Program Files\Launchpad Enhanced\)
    Step 2: See if you have a file called "LaunchpadEnhanced.exe.old". For me, the "LaunchpadEnhanced.exe.old" was 1.2mb, whereas the "LaunchpadEnhanced.exe" was 5kb. NOTE: To see file extensions you may have to configure it, see here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...ame-extensions
    Step 3: Rename LaunchpadEnhanced.exe to whatever you damn please.
    Step 4: Remove the .old from LaunchpadEnhanced.exe.old, returning it to LaunchpadEnhanced.exe
    Step 5: Run the newly renamed LaunchpadEnhanced.exe!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    or just dont run launchpad at all. just run swgemu.exe.

oh and if you uninstall LPE, and backup your swgemu folder, nothing will ever go wrong.

I have been using the exact same swgemu.exe from the same folder for 5+ years now

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Launchpad has handy quick links to the profession calculator + game options, so I'd rather have it than not have it, which is why I spent 5 minutes fixing my issue and posting it here for others.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    1. Locate swgemu.exe in C:\SWGEmu folder and create a shortcut on your desktop
    Oddly enough, the desktop shortcut doesn't work on my computer. Doubleclicking the exe in the SWGEmu folder works fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohouruk View Post
    I found a way to fix the error.
    Step 1: Go into the folder where you installed Launchpad Enhanced. (For me this is C:\Program Files\Launchpad Enhanced\)
    Step 2: See if you have a file called "LaunchpadEnhanced.exe.old". For me, the "LaunchpadEnhanced.exe.old" was 1.2mb, whereas the "LaunchpadEnhanced.exe" was 5kb. NOTE: To see file extensions you may have to configure it, see here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...ame-extensions
    Step 3: Rename LaunchpadEnhanced.exe to whatever you damn please.
    Step 4: Remove the .old from LaunchpadEnhanced.exe.old, returning it to LaunchpadEnhanced.exe
    Step 5: Run the newly renamed LaunchpadEnhanced.exe!
    I did that, but the launchpad doesn't work flawless after that. It puts 4 dll files on my desktop (Exceed.dll among others) and shows an error window. When I close the error window, the launchpad starts and I can log into the game. I think I'll stick with doubleclicking the swgemu.exe in the SWGEmu folder
    SWG Radiant: Sauska
    SWGemu: Sauska/Cosita Borealis, drop-off vendor -4954 5709 near Theed, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    or just make a shortcut?
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Shortcut doesn't work for some reason, I have same problem as him. Just comes up with SwgClient_r has stopped working. Quite strange, but atleast I've got my LPE workin now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information