Current and future event guidelines

July 25th, 2013
The SWGEmu Staff

Current and future event guidelines - 07/25/13

First and foremost i would like to apologize to our community, our dedicated supporters, testers and players for the events that transpired during player requested event on the night of July 24th. Following the outdated guidelines created years ago for server where a database wipe was an every day thing, our Event Coordinators have created a situation where a small group of players gained an unfair advantage over everyone else. EC's in question can not be blamed though, they only followed the guidelines that were in effect. It is our leadership team that has dropped the ball on this one, we should have payed more attention, recognized the changes that happened and adjusted those guidelines accordingly.

Since all our teams EC, CSR, QA and Dev went through quite a few incarnations as did their team leaders, the only constant was CR aka current Mod team, and because of that most of that responsibility should be mine. We should have seen the change and acted accordingly. I should have seen it. It is because of that that i have offered my resignation to our project Founders and if they think i should step down i will gladly remove myself from team lead role or from SWEmu staff.

Once again, i will ask you not to make any more threads on this matter, and not to point fingers. If you have something to say you can say it in this thread, it will remain open as long as we can keep the constructive discussion going.

Please note that this is just a first draft, a work in progress and it is subject to change...

Player requested events request form and guidelines:

SWGEmu Player Event Request Form

To request a player event, please fill out this form and email it to events@swgemu.com. We will get back to you as soon as possible and let you know if an Event Coordinator is available to help you with your event!

1. Forum Name:
  2. Character Name:
  3. Guild (if applicable):
  4. Event Date (make sure this is at least one week in advance):
  5. Event Time (please give us a start time and general end time):
  6. Event Location(s):
  7. Is there a specific Event Coordinator you would like to request?

Event Information
  • Please give us a brief description of your event idea. Keep in mind that we can create any in-game props that are not buildings with interiors, as well as spawn creatures that are implemented in the game only.
  • Please give us a detailed timeline for your event, including set-up time:
  • Will your event be open to the public? If no, who will be attending?
  • Any other information you can give us about the event?
  • Are there any questions you have as to what we can do/implement for your event?

Guidelines:

1. For these kind of event we cannot give

• badges
  • item or cash rewards (unless supplied by the requester)

For these kind of event we cannot:

• Spawn attachable MOB's or NPC's
  • Buff or resurrect participants
  • Teleport participants
  • Stop other players or guilds from participating

3. For these kind of event we can:
  • Spawn objects and none attackable NPC's and MOB's
  • Send system messages
  • Keep order
4. Player Requested PvP guidelines can be found here.

Staff sponsored events:

1. Need to be announced in advance
2. Announcement posted on our forums, Facebook page, G+ page and twitter
3. Everyone is welcome to attend
4. System messages need to be broadcasted server wide, every 15 to 30 minutes at least 2 hours before beginning of the event
5. EC's can spawn attackable MOB's and NPC's
6. EC's can give badges to those that attended
7. Buffs can be provided
8. Credits or items can not be handed out as awards unless community members provide them

~The SWGEmu Staff