+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Current and future event guidelines

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloud View Post
    Some of you should play Hello Kitty Adventure Island.....
    That actually sounds like it would be a fun and stress-free break
    Co-leader Emeritus and official guild cheerleader of <FLO>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloud View Post
    Some of you should play Hello Kitty Adventure Island.....
    you know, i used to pvp with some rednecks that loved that game, lmao! talk about your culture clash

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonHams View Post
    This entire fiasco is ridiculous. I've read every single page regarding this affair and I just have to laugh. I've spent more time down in that cave than probably 95% of the people that posted in outrage about the unfairness of the situation and my reaction was to think "wow, they really screwed up this time lol". I wasn't foaming at the mouth because they had, in essence, wasted all my hard earned hours of invested game play. Nor did I immediately think that someone had to pay for this atrocity against the community. The reason I didn't pick up my pitchfork was that I simply enjoy playing this game and I choose how and where to spend my time. Was it unfair to everyone that didn't get to participate? Of course it was. Is life fair? Absolutely not. It wasn't fair when the T-Rex's were chomping on baby dinos and it sure ain't fair now. If you finish last place, you don't deserve a trophy for doing your best. You deserve a kick in the ***.

The second part that actually does annoy me is the pitchfork mob that's demanding apologies and disciplinary actions against a lot of the people that made it so I can double click my SWGEMU button and smile 5 seconds later. Get off your high horses people. I actually laugh when I see Rev, Vlada or even TA rip into people. It reminds me that this project is still comprised of a small group of real life people trying to make something out of nothing. It's not SOE, and it's sure as hell not the Salvation Army. They don't have to baby you so that you feel you haven't been wronged. If you want to be the puppies and kittens CSR or EC, sign on the dotted line. As it's been stated in countless other posts though, you probably won't make it because of the insane amount of BS that you'll have to endure.

And to wrap it up, this is what I picture sitting behind esmecat's keyboard. End this tyranny big guy!
    It's great that you weren't bothered by others getting a high end loot party. But it wasn't really about that. It was about respect, community and the division between staff and player. SWG is at it's most basic level a social construct. It's about team building and being part of a community. Loot is just a tool in that setting. To break this down as people getting butthurt about loot minimizes the serious nature of what happens when people act against the community and when that community loses faith in each other.

If this were just about loot I don't think we would be at this juncture and I really don't think we would have reached a point where we would be close to losing Vlada.
    Spacely's Sprockets
    Dropoff: 5498, 6164 500m S of Kaadara, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    What happened?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nived1998 View Post
    What happened?
    A guild notorious for exploits was allowed to have a private event, supported by the SWGEmu staff, where they were able to farm months worth of high-end loot in a couple of hours.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bdreason30 View Post
    months worth
    False.
    Revanis
    Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Active Nobody

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nived1998 View Post
    What happened?

wtf is up with

Play Stats
    Inactive
    just

wipe

the

friggin

thing.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by novak64 View Post
    If this were just about loot I don't think we would be at this juncture and I really don't think we would have reached a point where we would be close to losing Vlada.
    But there is where you're quite wrong my friend. It is about nothing but loot. The ensuing chaos would never have happened if on page one someone would have said "No NPC's dropped loot". This is just one of many comments from that infamous thread:
    "So let me get this straight...I have been sacrificing time and in game resources down in the Geo cave....to attempt to kill/loot an acklay...that spawns every 2 hours...while others can request a private RP event to have multiple acklays (6 by the looks of Axyl's screenshots) spawned in their guild's city? Let me know if I got this right....I'm dumbfounded...:-("

The word "loot" was used 71 times in the first ten pages of that thread. It's about people being pissed off that themselves and their friends didn't get invited to this party or that they didn't apply/get selected for a party of their own. See the above quote. The word sacrificing was actually used! If I have to truly sacrifice anything to play this game then perhaps I should put the brakes on and back up and punt. The last mob uprising was about......wait for it......LOOT. And it was a damn bug in the code. Cries of "How could this happen???", "You've killed the economy", "Roll the server back", etc.... Most people don't care about furthering the project, they just want to play their game as if it's 1.0 and raise hell if anything upsets their little carts. TA has already said that a wipe would be a huge drain and have no benefit to code completion, yet the shouts still arise.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think the EC's should be banned cause they knew what they were doing was wrong! but Vlada should stay he's Awesome and had nothing to do with the incident! All The EC's involved should be ashamed

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonHams View Post
    But there is where you're quite wrong my friend. It is about nothing but loot. The ensuing chaos would never have happened if on page one someone would have said "No NPC's dropped loot". This is just one of many comments from that infamous thread:
    "So let me get this straight...I have been sacrificing time and in game resources down in the Geo cave....to attempt to kill/loot an acklay...that spawns every 2 hours...while others can request a private RP event to have multiple acklays (6 by the looks of Axyl's screenshots) spawned in their guild's city? Let me know if I got this right....I'm dumbfounded...:-("

The word "loot" was used 71 times in the first ten pages of that thread. It's about people being pissed off that themselves and their friends didn't get invited to this party or that they didn't apply/get selected for a party of their own. See the above quote. The word sacrificing was actually used! If I have to truly sacrifice anything to play this game then perhaps I should put the brakes on and back up and punt. The last mob uprising was about......wait for it......LOOT. And it was a damn bug in the code. Cries of "How could this happen???", "You've killed the economy", "Roll the server back", etc.... Most people don't care about furthering the project, they just want to play their game as if it's 1.0 and raise hell if anything upsets their little carts. TA has already said that a wipe would be a huge drain and have no benefit to code completion, yet the shouts still arise.
    The loot was the catalyst. But it still wasn't about loot. It was about attitudes, arrogance and respect of the community.
    Spacely's Sprockets
    Dropoff: 5498, 6164 500m S of Kaadara, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Enigma View Post
    That actually sounds like it would be a fun and stress-free break
    Lego Star Wars. The original ones, where you could just run around beating things with the lightsaber and it never mattered. (Excellent game to play with a bunch of people and a wee bit of alcohol, by the way.)
    Heinz Guderian
    Colonel, Imperial Army
    Knights of Mors Astralis [AMOK]
    Ahazi

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The loot was the catalyst. But it still wasn't about loot.
    Community did the right thing to bring it to our attention, but the way they did it and the way Staff members responded was what really caused the mess. Event was bad, how it was handled after, by both community and Staff was a cluster****.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Community did the right thing to bring it to our attention, but the way they did it and the way Staff members responded was what really caused the mess. Event was bad, how it was handled after, by both community and Staff was a cluster****.
    Actually I think you do need to resign Vlada. You're making too much sense. I think you lost your edge man. I used to think you were a total *** all the freaking time on the forums and lately I'm agreeing with you way too much.
    What's up with that?

Now Advertising on swgemushops

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The loot was the catalyst. But it still wasn't about loot. It was about attitudes, arrogance and respect of the community.
    I've refrained from posting so far, but... Oh? If ECs had spawned in some banners and other decorations for something like a real RP event, there really, truly would have been a massive outcry?

I agree that after ECs made unprofessional remarks in forum threads that there was a separate issue to be upset about, but the original posts were all about the loot. Someone even posted to the effect of "if there was no loot, who cares?"

There were those who were upset about others getting a chance at loot "unfairly" and there were those who were upset about the attitudes and comments of the ECs. I couldn't give a flip about loot, but I agree that the ECs were out of line in their behavior and comments. But I honestly don't believe that, in the absence of the loot debacle, if some ECs had made random forum posts disparaging the community that the outcry would have been so massive. Sure, a few people might have made a stink about it, but the general opinion would probably be, "shut up, whiners."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information