Only if you share.
    Heinz Guderian
    Colonel, Imperial Army
    Knights of Mors Astralis [AMOK]
    Ahazi

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Man this is ridiculous! Most people upset just wanted to see policy CHANGED or clarified (as it said no items given out) so that private events wouldn't be done like this again....

It's done now so time to move on with better policy. I think the original confrontational messages from some staff made people get madder. Cam came clean and apologized and now this makes it handled perfectly!! All is good and you're going nowhere!
    QFE! I have followed this whole thing from start to end. Were the procedures for private events flawed? Yes. This is alpha!!! Even procedures are being tested. Did Cam over do it? Yep, and she came out and admited it ending with an appology. Well done Cam! Vlada the proposed procedures for events look good. It's the weekend, do a few shots, relax, and come back Monday with a serious hang over and start locking things down.
    Feozis - Master Profession Grinder
    Epik - Master Bum cause droids do all the work.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by esmecat View Post
    i have completely contributed to continuing this by pushing that the issues be addressed and not be swept aside simply because an EC doesn't think the concerns of the community matter. but i have contributed to this by repeated,y requesting that people stick to the actual issues and treat each other with respect. i will absolutely take responsibility for that. i will always fight a corrupt or flawed system when i see one.

i'm sorry that reminding her than she resorted to abuse is poking her with a sharp stick. unfortunately, when you make a mistake, it doesn't go away just because you are upset that people don't like it.
    The issue is you seem to think that you have to have the last word in this issue. Its been resolved. The rules have been changed. Rev shouldnt have to apologize to you. Who are you in the grand scheme of this? Nobody. Just a butthurt bully with too much time on their hands who is used to pushing people around under the guise of YOU WILL RESPECT ME. Respect is earned my friend, not owed.
    Imhotep Ofali - Ranger in training
    Finalizer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Enigma View Post
    You're a bully. Speak in well formed sentences (for the most part) all you want, and hide behind some wafer-thin rationalisation like this, but ultimately you are nothing but a schoolyard bully - poking, provoking, teasing and never stepping back or letting well enough alone.

Make all the excuses you want, but you are the agent provocateur in this current debacle.
    I would disagree. He has not been doing it without reason, and his rationalization is hardly wafer-thin. I personally has never questioned staff decisions publicly, however in this case I feel it is something that could not be swept under the rug.

I commend Revanis for sticking by and protecting her friend. However, the manner in which it was done was completely uncalled for and unproductive. I do not see how calling her out on it is bullying. I do not see addressing and questioning the issue with this private event as bullying.

This policy would not be changed if the concerns were not legitimate. Its not like staff just gave in to peer pressure, we all have seen from the previous "drama" (krayt tissue duping scandal) that staff sticks to what they feel is right. This case clearly proves policy change was in order.

I am beating a dead horse here, but I do not feel Esmecat deserves to be called a bully and instigator here.
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by HzGuderian View Post
    Only if you share.
    I share wif joo
    Co-leader Emeritus and official guild cheerleader of <FLO>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Guys, lets calm down a little, this is starting to escalate. There really isn't a need to push this over an edge

Every one have a right to express their opinions on the matter, but please, I urge you to consider how you go about it. How one conduct one self affects people more than one might think. You are on a witch hunt for some of the staff, have you ever considered how this actually affects the community or staff members?

This is a beaten down horse, but consider this for a moment. Non here are paid. Non get any benefits others do not have. Memebers of staff have a wish to contribute, to the project and to the community. All is boiled down to motivation. You might very well have had the head you wanted and another unexpected one. Have any one considered the ripple effects of this? What this coninued witch hunt might do to the motivations of others?

This is in now way said to try and strangle the discussion, I just wish to make you guys aware that words means some thing.

Continue the discussion if you wish, criticice staff, or any other, but stay constructive while doing so.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 07-26-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    Guys, lets calm down a little, this is starting to escalate. There really isn't a need to push this over an edge
    Every one have a right to express their opinions on the matter, but please, I urge you to consider how you go about it. How one conduct one self affects people more than one might think. You are on a witch hunt for some of the staff, have you ever considered how this actually affects the community or staff members?
    This is a beaten down horse, but consider this for a moment. Non here are paid. Non get any benefits others do not have. Memebers of staff have a wish to contribute, to the project and to the community. All is boiled down to motivation. You might very well have had the head you wanted and another unexpected one. Have any one considered the ripple effects of this? What this coninued witch hunt might do to the motivations of others?

This is in now way said to try and strangle the discussion, I just wish to make you guys aware that words means some thing.

Continue the discussion if you wish, criticice staff, or any other, but stay constructive while doing so.
    *Offers Lolindir some cake, a drab of rum, and a hug*

Quote Originally Posted by weedie View Post
    I would disagree. He has not been doing it without reason, and his rationalization is hardly wafer-thin. I personally has never questioned staff decisions publicly, however in this case I feel it is something that could not be swept under the rug.

I commend Revanis for sticking by and protecting her friend. However, the manner in which it was done was completely uncalled for and unproductive. I do not see how calling her out on it is bullying. I do not see addressing and questioning the issue with this private event as bullying.

This policy would not be changed if the concerns were not legitimate. Its not like staff just gave in to peer pressure, we all have seen from the previous "drama" (krayt tissue duping scandal) that staff sticks to what they feel is right. This case clearly proves policy change was in order.

I am beating a dead horse here, but I do not feel Esmecat deserves to be called a bully and instigator here.
    Once his objective had been achieved, he and others continued to belabour the point, continually haranguing her and, as had been said previously, poking her with a stick. That's when it became bullying. There was no rational discussion or debate at that point. The issue has been, and will continue to be dealt with. Time to let that happen.
    Last edited by Jade_Enigma; 07-26-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I do like cake and hugs
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Retired Staff Member
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    A project as complex and challenging will always go through teething problems

Worth considering from all sides that mistakes happen, witch-hunts and negative posting doesn't fix those mistakes, however acknowledgement and rectifying for future does

No-one in life is perfect, and we are all prone to the odd fallacy, that said we all have the right to make amends and move on

Edit: #FreeVlada2013

Play Stats
    Inactive

Understood. Im done with this topic. I've said my piece and I have my opinions, nothing is changing them.

You guys are doing a great thing here. Mistakes happen, its Alpha.
    Imhotep Ofali - Ranger in training
    Finalizer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The emu staff care enough to volunteer. We are lucky to have enough people, willing to donate their time.
    Answering your tickets or solving your in game issues. Even putting on events for bonus fun.

Everyone has moments of poor judgement, but that can lead to unforgettable nights.
    Rules are being adjusted regarding future events, and apologies have been given.

So let us all move on before we make the WoW community look good.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I do like cake and hugs
    Okieday, I keepings the rum for myself then!

Oh, and #FreeVlada2013

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by imhotep71 View Post
    The issue is you seem to think that you have to have the last word in this issue. Its been resolved. The rules have been changed. Rev shouldnt have to apologize to you. Who are you in the grand scheme of this? Nobody. Just a butthurt bully with too much time on their hands who is used to pushing people around under the guise of YOU WILL RESPECT ME. Respect is earned my friend, not owed.
    now, here's the thing... on the original issue of the flawed policy, i have already agreed that it was resolved by the review of the policy long ago.

and i haven't called for Revanis to apologize to me. i've called for her to apologize to the community.

in almost any non profit organization you can point to there are rules about how staff acts when representing the organization. when Revanis posts as an EC and a representative of the SWGEmu, her words represent the organization. if the SWGEmu want the community to support it, it needs to treat that community with respect.

if this were just about an apology to me, i wouldn't bother. i really am not phased by what Revanis or anyone else thinks of me. but i am not willing to sit idly while someone expresses that amount of hostility and disrespect to the community while representing the project and in a PR position. and while they explicitly state they will continue to do so.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by esmecat View Post
    now, here's the thing... on the original issue of the flawed policy, i have already agreed that it was resolved by the review of the policy long ago.

and i haven't called for Revanis to apologize to me. i've called for her to apologize to the community.

in almost any non profit organization you can point to there are rules about how staff acts when representing the organization. when Revanis posts as an EC and a representative of the SWGEmu, her words represent the organization. if the SWGEmu want the community to support it, it needs to treat that community with respect.

if this were just about an apology to me, i wouldn't bother. i really am not phased by what Revanis or anyone else thinks of me. but i am not willing to sit idly while someone expresses that amount of hostility and disrespect to the community while representing the project and in a PR position. and while they explicitly state they will continue to do so.
    *offers esmecat some cake and a hug too*

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Enigma View Post

Once his objective had been achieved, he and others continued to belabour the point, continually haranguing her and, as had been said previously, poking her with a stick. That's when it became bullying. There was no rational discussion or debate at that point. The issue has been, and will continue to be dealt with. Time to let that happen.
    I do see your point, and I somewhat agree, however I too felt an apology was owed on her part.

Regardless, I voiced my opinion and I will not be continuing any further on this matter. I sincerely appreciate all of the work being done on this project, and all the time and energy all of the staff put in. Thank you for listening to the community and adjusting the policy accordingly. Escalations like this only mean that community here is very passionate! :P
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information