+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Current and future event guidelines

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Revanis View Post
    Fine, I'm sorry I was so harsh. I stand by what I said in regards to the effect on Basilisk, but I should not have been so rude. My friend was nearly in tears and that upset me quite a bit, my bad.

PS. Technically I didn't explicitly break any of those rules since one has to be pretty harsh to trigger them, sorry to burst that bubble.

Just trying to calm people down, sorry.
    you should learn to calm down and think about what you are saying before responding if you are unable to treat people with decency and respect when you are upset. Cami was upset. Cami stopped posting until she had calmed down and treated the community with respect and honesty. people respect her for it.

your "apology" is far from sounding sincere... it also minimizes your behavior. be harsh is not what you did.

just because there are no consequences for you does not mean you did not violate those rules. just as the original issue required judgement to look at the policy and know that the event violated the spirit of it... you should be capable of reading those rules and knowing that your actions violate them.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by imhotep71 View Post
    Good lord get off the high horse already. You are one of the chief reasons this has gotten so blown out of proportion. They made a mistake and you have badgered them to the point of tears. Stop being such a judgmental, instigating jackass.

As for Revanis, you can't win this. I support you defending your friend but the butthurt that has been caused by this has these people foaming at the mouth. I'd let it go. Don't quit just throw up deuce birds and let these people nerd rage for a bit.

Oh and Vlada, cmon man you shouldn't have to fall on the sword for this. It was a mistake. You guys give your time freely. We dont pay you and apparently some of these fools don't understand just how much of yourselves you guys give to this project. Most of us appreciate what you do and think this is all blown way out of proportion.
    Wrong. Revanis is why this got so blown out of proportion. Had she not responded the way she did Vlada would still be here. It was all the complaints about Revanis that got Vlada to resign. Which is probably why she feels bad enough to quit.
    Lewtz vendor just outside Coro /way 364 -5700

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by axel8000 View Post
    Wrong. Revanis is why this got so blown out of proportion. Had she not responded the way she did Vlada would still be here. It was all the complaints about Revanis that got Vlada to resign. Which is probably why she feels bad enough to quit.
    I disagree. She was doing what any LOYAL friend would do. Was it the smartest thing to do in this situation? Probably not. But I will not fault her for defending her friend.

You guys all seem to think you're owed something here. Tell me again how much you are paying for this? What service you expect from them? If you think you can do better then knock yourself out. Otherwise let it die already. Esmecat contributed way more to this being an issue in my opinion. Thats exactly what I'm typing is as well. My opinion with my main toon name plastered in my sig, not hiding behind a forum name.
    Imhotep Ofali - Ranger in training
    Finalizer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Good lord get off the high horse already. You are one of the chief reasons this has gotten so blown out of proportion. They made a mistake and you have badgered them to the point of tears. Stop being such a judgmental, instigating jackass.
    thank you. once again, personal attacks override rational and constructive discussion.

i did not cause Revanis to behave in the way she did. only Revanis is responsible for Revanis's behavior. this is part of being an adult. i did not behave in the way she did despite the fact she personally attacked me. it would not have blown up the way it did if she had not responded the way she did.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by esmecat View Post
    your "apology" is far from sounding sincere... it also minimizes your behavior. be harsh is not what you did.

just because there are no consequences for you does not mean you did not violate those rules. just as the original issue required judgement to look at the policy and know that the event violated the spirit of it... you should be capable of reading those rules and knowing that your actions violate them.
    Believe what you will, I guess. Nothing more I can do for minds that are made already, or at least nothing I know of.

If y'all have any ideas, shoot.
    Revanis
    Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Active Nobody

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooroc View Post
    Long live vlada

This isn't vladas fault ... This isn't Cali's fault... This isn't revs fault... This prob isn't < c >s fault this is the fault of the trollers on the forums that instead of saying "hey looks like the policy needs an update". Decided to start a "basalisk will come to a screeching halt because there is a dev conspiracy to destroy the WORLD" thread.
    the "basilisk will come to a screeching halt" isn't any means of trolling, it's an actual logical statement. It 100% is not fair that the event happened, and people had every right to express their opinions on the matter. I know I for one completely rethought if it was worth spending my time in a game where others were getting advantages in "private" events. It just takes away the entire incentive of the game when things like that are going on, so in essence Vlada's appology was COMPLETELY necessary to show that the development team along with all the other team-members behind the working of the emu actually do understand how big of a mistake they had made.

I think it's very honorable of Vlada to come out and handle the situation, although I do not think a resignation is what is needed here. The simple update of the event rules is absolutely suffice and I believe the thread should be closed just to do everybody a favor.

It's over and done with, I'm glad the Emu team recognized their mistake, and I'm glad it's been fixed so that the game can continue to be well-balanced and fair to all members of the community

Play Stats
    Inactive
    thank you. once again, personal attacks override rational and constructive discussion.

i did not cause Revanis to behave in the way she did. only Revanis is responsible for Revanis's behavior. this is part of being an adult. i did not behave in the way she did despite the fact she personally attacked me. it would not have blown up the way it did if she had not responded the way she did.
    No but you keep poking her with a sharp stick Esmecat. Not everyone is a milktoast, Ill take the abuse patsy. Don't act like you haven't contributed to this mess.
    Finalizer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I disagree. She was doing what any LOYAL friend would do. Was it the smartest thing to do in this situation? Probably not. But I will not fault her for defending her friend.

You guys all seem to think you're owed something here. Tell me again how much you are paying for this? What service you expect from them? If you think you can do better then knock yourself out. Otherwise let it die already. Esmecat contributed way more to this being an issue in my opinion. Thats exactly what I'm typing is as well. My opinion with my main toon name plastered in my sig, not hiding behind a forum name.
    it is possible to defend a friend without resorting to name calling and belittling the community.

and my forum name is all that is here because i rarely use the forums and never had reason to set up a signature. if you had asked me at any time who my toon in game was, i would have happily answered you.

Jinian is my toon name.

while i expect that there will be those childish enough to stoop to in game harassment because of it, i am not hiding behind anything or trying to avoid responsibility for what i have said.

and what i think i'm owed is being treated with basic respect from a staff member. i'm owed that because i have treated them with the same respect i expect from them.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Revanis View Post
    Believe what you will, I guess. Nothing more I can do for minds that are made already, or at least nothing I know of.

If y'all have any ideas, shoot.
    Just walk away knowing you defended your friend from what is absolutely an overreaction. Let it die down, take a break and come back strong.
    Finalizer

Play Stats
    Inactive

You're a bully. Speak in well formed sentences (for the most part) all you want, and hide behind some wafer-thin rationalisation like this, but ultimately you are nothing but a schoolyard bully - poking, provoking, teasing and never stepping back or letting well enough alone.

Make all the excuses you want, but you are the agent provocateur in this current debacle.
    Co-leader Emeritus and official guild cheerleader of <FLO>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    it is possible to defend a friend without resorting to name calling and belittling the community.

and my forum name is all that is here because i rarely use the forums and never had reason to set up a signature. if you had asked me at any time who my toon in game was, i would have happily answered you.

Jinian is my toon name.

while i expect that there will be those childish enough to stoop to in game harassment because of it, i am not hiding behind anything or trying to avoid responsibility for what i have said.

and what i think i'm owed is being treated with basic respect from a staff member. i'm owed that because i have treated them with the same respect i expect from them.
    You aren't OWED anything. Thats the thing. You think you are owed something and you absolutely are not.

Oh and I won't harass you in game. The IGN thing is a pet peeve of mine because so many people hide behind a forum name. I applaud you for revealing yours but I absolutely CBF messing with you in game.
    Last edited by imhotep71; 07-26-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    Finalizer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    No but you keep poking her with a sharp stick Esmecat. Not everyone is a milktoast, Ill take the abuse patsy. Don't act like you haven't contributed to this mess.
    i have completely contributed to continuing this by pushing that the issues be addressed and not be swept aside simply because an EC doesn't think the concerns of the community matter. but i have contributed to this by repeated,y requesting that people stick to the actual issues and treat each other with respect. i will absolutely take responsibility for that. i will always fight a corrupt or flawed system when i see one.

i'm sorry that reminding her than she resorted to abuse is poking her with a sharp stick. unfortunately, when you make a mistake, it doesn't go away just because you are upset that people don't like it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wow, everyone take a chill pill.
    Something happened that shouldn't, but it did.
    It's in the past.
    Quit getting all upset now.
    This game and this community are too important to blow this all out of proportion.
    We learn, we move on, we make sure it doesn't happen again.
    Nobody should quit, everyone should chill, there should be Beer and Pie for everyone!
    Can we get back to how kick-*** it is to have this game back in whatever form we can get it in? I for one appreciate the hard work everyone does. Players too!
    If these people (Devs/Mods/CSRs/ECs) didn't do what they do out of the goodness of their hearts, you wouldn't have this game to even test/play! Then you wouldn't have anything to be in here getting all upset about would you?
    So blame yourselves! We all created this monster that we can't let go of. You seem to forget often that this game doesn't even really exist. You want to complain, go play that other SW game, and pay for it. Then you got something to complain about.
    But to get so angry about stuff happening in a free game that is in development and will someday be wiped, wow pointless.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooroc View Post
    Long live vlada

This isn't vladas fault ... This isn't Cali's fault... This isn't revs fault... This prob isn't < c >s fault this is the fault of the trollers on the forums that instead of saying "hey looks like the policy needs an update". Decided to start a "basalisk will come to a screeching halt because there is a dev conspiracy to destroy the WORLD" thread.
    ^ This. 1000x this.

From what I can see, the issue itself is resolved and gone. Thank-you for addressing it.

My only other thought/comment is this: The idea that someone should 'pay' for this sort of.. mistake? oversight? accident?... is, frankly, out of place. If we simply removed everyone whenever a mistake was made (This includes Cami, who I understand from a previous message was learning), we would never have anyone who had experience in these positions. The new people would just make the same mistakes, and the cycle continues. It seems to be people all around have learned a bit, and most are ready to move forward.

I hope 'moving forward' includes Vlada as well. He should not have to feel the need to resign over this particular issue. If he needs a break, that's his business, but this is not an issue to cause such a change.
    Heinz Guderian
    Colonel, Imperial Army
    Knights of Mors Astralis [AMOK]
    Ahazi

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin-char-bamin View Post
    Nobody should quit, everyone should chill, there should be Beer and Pie for everyone!
    Can I has rum and cake?
    Co-leader Emeritus and official guild cheerleader of <FLO>

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information