+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Current and future event guidelines

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by esmecat View Post
    it is possible to defend a friend without resorting to name calling and belittling the community.

and my forum name is all that is here because i rarely use the forums and never had reason to set up a signature. if you had asked me at any time who my toon in game was, i would have happily answered you.

Jinian is my toon name.

while i expect that there will be those childish enough to stoop to in game harassment because of it, i am not hiding behind anything or trying to avoid responsibility for what i have said.

and what i think i'm owed is being treated with basic respect from a staff member. i'm owed that because i have treated them with the same respect i expect from them.
    Boohoo. Make another thread about it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Community did the right thing to bring it to our attention, but the way they did it and the way Staff members responded was what really caused the mess. Event was bad, how it was handled after, by both community and Staff was a cluster****.
    100%

Both sides fell apart, some individuals caused more problems than others but there's plenty of blame pie to go around.
    But sometimes a good cluster**** is needed. We can all see the problems in the current system and now they can addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by stacy_19201325 View Post
    I've refrained from posting so far, but... Oh? If ECs had spawned in some banners and other decorations for something like a real RP event, there really, truly would have been a massive outcry?

I agree that after ECs made unprofessional remarks in forum threads that there was a separate issue to be upset about, but the original posts were all about the loot. Someone even posted to the effect of "if there was no loot, who cares?"

There were those who were upset about others getting a chance at loot "unfairly" and there were those who were upset about the attitudes and comments of the ECs. I couldn't give a flip about loot, but I agree that the ECs were out of line in their behavior and comments. But I honestly don't believe that, in the absence of the loot debacle, if some ECs had made random forum posts disparaging the community that the outcry would have been so massive. Sure, a few people might have made a stink about it, but the general opinion would probably be, "shut up, whiners."
    I think we are both saying the same thing. Sure the whole loot thing was a problem. But it was the way the problem was addressed that caused this whole thing to escalate into mega-drama we experienced last night.

If the initial response had been "oh crap people, we did a boneheaded thing and we wont do it again. We are sorry" I don't think things would have gotten as toxic as the did. Sure, some would moan for a while, but overall the community probably would have been a heck of a lot calmer and there would have been far less drama.
    Spacely's Sprockets
    Dropoff: 5498, 6164 500m S of Kaadara, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by josterman View Post
    Boohoo. Make another thread about it.
    this does seem to be your go to... guess you haven't noticed i didn't make the threads.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by esmecat View Post
    this does seem to be your go to... guess you haven't noticed i didn't make the threads.
    "How is this considered roleplay"

Yeah that's my go to sometimes because I'd rather not waste my time with a massive wall of text.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Enigma View Post
    Okieday, I keepings the rum for myself then!

Oh, and #FreeVlada2013
    Group hug? I'll pass my mojitos around!
    SWG Radiant: Sauska
    SWGemu: Sauska/Cosita Borealis, drop-off vendor -4954 5709 near Theed, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauska View Post
    Group hug? I'll pass my mojitos around!
    You are my new BFF
    Co-leader Emeritus and official guild cheerleader of <FLO>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    "How is this considered roleplay"

Yeah that's my go to sometimes because I'd rather not waste my time with a massive wall of text.
    yes, i did make that one. made it before the other was posted and i said in it i wasn't asking about whether of not it was fair under the EC policy. it was a question, in the appropriate forum for it asking how this event qualified as role play. it was not one of the heated threads about the issue of the problems with the policy that i assumed you were referring to. i can go make a thread about kittens too if would make you happy. i like kittens.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Revanis View Post
    Believe what you will, I guess. Nothing more I can do for minds that are made already, or at least nothing I know of.

If y'all have any ideas, shoot.
    Here is an idea for you Revanis - Just quit, stop posting and close your forum account. Quit the game too, as you said you do not play anymore,. Be gone! Simple!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by roshigh View Post
    Here is an idea for you Revanis - Just quit, stop posting and close your forum account. Quit the game too, as you said you do not play anymore,. Be gone! Simple!
    Practise what you preach.
    Co-leader Emeritus and official guild cheerleader of <FLO>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by imhotep71 View Post
    The issue is you seem to think that you have to have the last word in this issue. Its been resolved. The rules have been changed. Rev shouldnt have to apologize to you. Who are you in the grand scheme of this? Nobody. Just a butthurt bully with too much time on their hands who is used to pushing people around under the guise of YOU WILL RESPECT ME. Respect is earned my friend, not owed.
    You sound like the butt hurt bully. Are you Revanis's BFF. Get a life bud and mainly STFU!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Calm down Roshigh, we are way passed that initial rage.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Enigma View Post
    Practise what you preach.
    QFE

10chairs
    Spacely's Sprockets

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Way I see it your QQing either way so I guess it doesn't matter what thread you make. But yeah

Kittens.
    kittens are QQ? shhhhh no one tell the kittens. poor kittens!

but seriously, if you think that everything that doesn't agree with your point of view is QQ, you will have a tough time in life. i was asking a question about something that seemed on its face to not add up. what kind of world do you think this would be if no one asked questions when things seem off? if someone had said "it's RP because they had _____ theme" i would have been entirely satisfied. i went to the RP forum to ask it because that is where i expected to get an answer that wasn't just telling me that it's QQing to ask the question.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by roshigh View Post
    This comment is uncalled for. I dont particularly like revanis' attitude, or the way she deals with things, but I can see she is not on Emu staff for her amazing personality, so she clearly has qualities that can further the project. Therefore, no she should not "be gone", please put your pitchfork away, these arnt the witches you are looking for.

Some times I wonder what the community wants when volunteers make mistakes. People make mistakes in big business all the time, depending on the mistake, and the people dealing with it, there is not often a need for a dismissal. I personally am happy that the team has admitted it has made a mistake and has rectified it. That shows a lot of character. Smedly probly got a promotion for the crap that he pulled, lets all cut the team some slack.
    Last edited by Sumane; 07-26-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumane View Post
    these arnt the witches you are looking for.
    Did you check to see if they float? Or are you just guessing?
    Spacely's Sprockets

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information