I apologize if this was hashed out in the development discussion or any other forum area, but wouldn't it be appropriate to at least have put in an email notification of buildings through the building maintenance function of buildings that were in no build areas. Copies could have been sent to members of staff assigned to clean up buildings as well. Although it would be better to have it set up a nice database that could simply be used to programmatically use the destroy structure functionality. This method allows an owner to know whether their structure is actually in the nobuild area. It allows staff to ensure that the nobuild code actually will catch all the buildings they want it to catch as well.

Granted that the testing on nova would catch a large amount of possible errors, this would set up a link in the development process that would give a couple of nice features:

1) It gives a player concrete knowledge of whether a building is going to go up in smoke. This also means that the player has no ability to complain after the fact because he thought he was just outside the zone. (also known as less grief for the CSR staff)

2) It allows for a prelist of structures should anyone on development want to test out exactly what the code is doing. It would then be output of the nobuild code using the entire database of homes currently on basilisk. Ideally, this code would have been tested using Nova's database of homes as well before all the structures were removed there. This leads to finding flaws where a building outside a nobuild zone is actually listed as inside. This leads to less unintentional destruction if the process is done programmatically. (also known as less grief for the CSR staff and more guarantee of correctness in the program)

3) It allows for this to be done programmatically. There seemed to be some implications that the staff will be cleaning it up. It would allow for staff members to be doing something else while the system is being cleaned up.

I know this is coming in very late into the development cycle, but even if it were not considered here, it could possibly be considered in another project of this nature should there be one. I hope that you are not offended by the suggestion, and for those who do not like my writing style, I hope it was not quite the wall of text I normally write. Thank you for the updates. The buildings in the temple on Naboo are pretty disgusting looking and there are a large number of other poi's that got polluted by player homes.