Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Another Login server address and/or IP change

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The dns record on your computer might still be retaining the old IP address. I currently am experiencing the same issue and I'm in the process of correcting it. In the past we were given the exact IP address to add, eliminating the potential issue with DNS. This time we were given the task to add a name (login.swgemu.com) instead of an IP address. If you type cmd in the search or run box then do ping login.swgemu.com and get "pinging login.swgemu.com [166.78.151.61]" its got the old IP stored. The new IP address should be 50.97.160.122.

Updated Fix: Type "ipconfig/flushdns" in the command promtp (cmd at the run/search box)
    then do "ipconfig/registerdns". This should now make login.swgemu.com point to the current IP address 50.97.160.122 or whatever other IP address if there's multiple hit points.
    Last edited by Zenro; 05-01-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenro View Post
    The new IP address should be 50.97.160.122.

Updated Fix: Type "ipconfig/flushdns" in the command promtp (cmd at the run/search box)
    then do "ipconfig/registerdns". This should now make login.swgemu.com point to the current IP address 50.97.160.122 or whatever other IP address if there's multiple hit points.
    Ty for help!
    IGN Kopalka (afk)
    Deliver Naboo Kaadara /way 5292 6235 (Storage vendor)

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    The dns record on your computer might still be retaining the old IP address. I currently am experiencing the same issue and I'm in the process of correcting it. In the past we were given the exact IP address to add, eliminating the potential issue with DNS. This time we were given the task to add a name (login.swgemu.com) instead of an IP address. If you type cmd in the search or run box then do ping login.swgemu.com and get "pinging login.swgemu.com [166.78.151.61]" its got the old IP stored. The new IP address should be 50.97.160.122.

This worked perfectly, thanks man

Play Stats
    Inactive
    thanks zenro, thats got it running.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you, Zenro!

Play Stats
    Inactive

This will work regardless of dns status. Assuming you don't change log-in servers again.
    Shatti Reckoner
    (Toxicologist)

Hear your friends based on in-game position.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ok this just worked. WTH!?!?! thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenrii View Post
    I was having all the above issues...here is what I did to fix it.

1. Open the SWGEmu folder
    2. go to login.cfg and open in notepad
    3. change the old login info from loginServerAddress0=nova.swgemu.com to loginServerAddress0=login.swgemu.com
    4. Open SWGEmu from the SWGEmu folder...it will not let you log in yet....close it.
    5. Open LPE and do the changes listed on the www.swgemu.com homepage...but in the LPE use the IP 166.78.151.61 NOT login.swgemu.com
    6. Login again...it still won't let you...WTF! Close LPE.
    7. re-open LPE and choose Official SWGEmu Servers
    8. Done

I know all this info has already been posted, but if done in that order it will work.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by darklourde View Post
    Ok this just worked. WTH!?!?! thanks man!
    Doing just step 7 would probably do the trick.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I performed a ping on the DNS name login.swgemu.com and got a return address of 76.73.75.106.

Once I added the IP address to LPE, I was able to login.
    Last edited by Rylic; 05-02-2013 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Meant to say IP Address. Static would imply that the IP would not be changing by the ISP.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by shilo View Post
    I just tried these changes, but I am told that access is denied!
    The above was from page 1 of this thread, but I had the same issue last night, when I finally got a chance to update my files. The problem was with the SWGEmu folder itself - no matter what security properties I changed to teh entire folder or the .cfg file itself, I got a similar error message that access was denied and that I needed admin permission.
    Problem is, I'm running Windows 7 as admin and unable to change the .cfg file to fix the server address - I'm assuming this is what was referred to above.

*I did find a workaround, by running the LPE update and adding the custom server - it fixed the .cfg file that my system wouldn't allow me to update manually. Still unsure why, but will post more if I happen to find a way around this.
    Emu: Saudais Custodis
    Radiant: Saudais Wavewalker<VLR>
    Misc recycler and loot vendor at 2484, 4707 Corellia, 650m SW of DG shuttle

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for being helpful but, a bump for this now only going to cause confusion for some.

Closed Thread

Thread Information