Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk maintenance 3/4/13

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Will the emails be getting wiped again?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Nope, there shouldnt be a need for that.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So Nova will be up for us who NEED to play?

Sorkella, Ranger - Hunterella ,Architect - Healerella, Doctor

Retired SWGEmu Staff sgtfunkadelic's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedishoyster View Post
    So Nova will be up for us who NEED to play?
    your question has already been answered in this very thread..yes, nova should be up :-)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    [phead]Basilisk Maintenance

...This should help save us a lot of space on SSD's, which means we won't be forced to add two additional ones and thus increase our already high monthly expenses...
    ======================

Forgive me for asking... but what does a one-time cost of buying an SSD (or two) have anything to do with "already high monthly expenses". That makes it sound like you're trying to say that buying one or two SSD's will increase monthly costs/fees.

This is not a flame post, I am genuinely curious as to the wording and meaning of that statement. To me, increasing monthly expenses would be more bandwidth charges, or fees to a server hosting location, etc., etc... not a static cost of a disk drive (or two).

Edit: if you're talking about factoring in the cost of two 256 GB SSD drives (for example), over a yearly budget... that comes out to about an extra $0.90 per day.

Putting up a separate "Donate" link would probably help, if you stated that the purpose was for server hardware upgrade(s). This could be simply removed once the hardware had been acquired. There might even be people that would donate the actual hardware required (instead of sending cash funds).
    Last edited by Ereint; 03-04-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Play Stats
    58h last 30d
    Ya know, Wednesdays or Thursdays are good to take down servers too. Just saying... Signed: Man with Mondays and Tuesday off.......
    <Xenocide> Weapons in West Eisley Bazaar
    /way 2268, -4876

Quality Assurance - On Leave Naik0i's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ereint View Post
    ======================

Forgive me for asking... but what does a one-time cost of buying an SSD (or two) have anything to do with "already high monthly expenses". That makes it sound like you're trying to say that buying one or two SSD's will increase monthly costs/fees.

This is not a flame post, I am genuinely curious as to the wording and meaning of that statement. To me, increasing monthly expenses would be more bandwidth charges, or fees to a server hosting location, etc., etc... not a static cost of a disk drive (or two).

Edit: if you're talking about factoring in the cost of two 256 GB SSD drives (for example), over a yearly budget... that comes out to about an extra $0.90 per day.

Putting up a separate "Donate" link would probably help, if you stated that the purpose was for server hardware upgrade(s). This could be simply removed once the hardware had been acquired. There might even be people that would donate the actual hardware required (instead of sending cash funds).
    They are not bought, they are rented
    Naikoi Rhaiki
    Quality Assurance - On Leave

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Live Support | Mantis (Bug Tracker)
    naikoi@swgemu.com
    |Gerrit Code Review

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Naik0i View Post
    They are not bought, they are rented
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the response. That makes more sense then.
    Much appreciated.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So....it's Monday now. Any news on timing for taking server down?
    Drop off Vendor - Dantooine /way -2712 3561 (just outside Mirage)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by THAAC View Post
    So....it's Monday now. Any news on timing for taking server down?
    No.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    No.
    Excellent I am sure it will be sometime around 3-5 pm GMT when the unimportant Euros are getting off work school, so we have 2 actual days if interrupted playing.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    yes we poor unimportant euros... how dare they rob us two days of our precious gaming experience - which wouldn't even exist without them doing what they are doing - that we work so hard and pay so much for

/rolleyes

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by THAAC View Post
    Excellent I am sure it will be sometime around 3-5 pm GMT when the unimportant Euros are getting off work school, so we have 2 actual days if interrupted playing.
    We will try to change our timetable to better accommodate all your needs.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We will try to change our timetable to better accommodate all your needs.
    I get it that maintenance has to happen at some time. But I am sure there are just as many EU chaps as US. Does the maintenance always have to be at EST preferable times?

Fanboi replies aside, I expect to get flamed. Surely my opinion counts as much as anyone else's? I got flamed in a previous post a while ago for suggesting that all the devs/mods were American, and told that was not the case. So why not alternate between EU and US convenient times for the maintenance?

And Dymonite, some of us actually do pay for this and make contributions every month. We can't all be sponging fanbois.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I always hated that with the swg team on live, they always took down the server at midday GMT so that us euro players lost time in game and the Americans didn't lose any because they should be asleep by that time of the morning.

I mean why do Americans get to play till 4am and we lose time in the day surely they should have done server downtime at like midnight USA time back in the day of swg live. Damn them old swg devs lol

I'm sure though that the swgemu devs are much nicer people than the swg devs and accommodate the euro players much better. Let's hope anyway as its not ALL about the USA time zone you know people.

Come join SREmu Server http://www.swgsremu.com/

Closed Thread

Thread Information