Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Server wide Entertainer's Conference

Play Stats
    38h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by novak64 View Post
    Hopefully more happened than just a lot of sitting.
    People sitting on people.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Missed the meeting..

Whats going to happen to AFK buffers?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I was at the meeting and still waiting for someone to post the minutes. The chat was a bit hard to follow.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Missed it due to unforseen circumstances here as well, did anyone take notes?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I too was wondering if anyone took notes or they can brief the ones (like me) that were not present on what was discussed, etc.
    Through the Force, things you will see...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Essentially we spoke in panels on 6 different issues facing entertainers today. These include:
    • Cantina Populations- Brainstorming ideas for spreading out and addressing the empty NPC and Player Cantinas
      AFK Buffing- Talking about the ethics of AFK buffing and understanding other people's opinions. As was probably expected, there were no breakthroughs on this front but at least we got our ideas out in the open.
      Entertainers' Wishlist- Discussed current bugs that we'd like to see fixed and future entertaining ideas. (Amber offered to take down some bugs and report them to the devs. Thanks Amber!)
      Tips- This one kind of got out of control. We talked about what a fair tip was and whether or not they should be required.
      Advice to Aspiring Entertainers- Had a panel of skilled and mastered entertainers share advice on how to best get through the grind and be a successful entertainer.
      The State of Entertaining- (Very brief) Gave opinions of the "state of entertaining" in the EMU.

Fun night to get together and talk out our problems, get our opinions out there, and most of all remember what entertaining is all about

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ultgamer21 View Post
    Essentially we spoke in panels on 6 different issues facing entertainers today. These include:
    • Cantina Populations- Brainstorming ideas for spreading out and addressing the empty NPC and Player Cantinas
      AFK Buffing- Talking about the ethics of AFK buffing and understanding other people's opinions. As was probably expected, there were no breakthroughs on this front but at least we got our ideas out in the open.
      Entertainers' Wishlist- Discussed current bugs that we'd like to see fixed and future entertaining ideas. (Amber offered to take down some bugs and report them to the devs. Thanks Amber!)
      Tips- This one kind of got out of control. We talked about what a fair tip was and whether or not they should be required.
      Advice to Aspiring Entertainers- Had a panel of skilled and mastered entertainers share advice on how to best get through the grind and be a successful entertainer.
      The State of Entertaining- (Very brief) Gave opinions of the "state of entertaining" in the EMU.

Fun night to get together and talk out our problems, get our opinions out there, and most of all remember what entertaining is all about
    Any Progress on the sheer amount of AFK Emote spam? Most of us know there is no auto-DC for AFKing, but a lot still put a lot of emotes together in a "AFK Macro" that is useless and only serves getting one /addignored

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    out class band

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So no minutes? I missed this bc I was at work. :/

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Minutes would be nice. Pity the event started so much later due to Amber not showing up in time, I had to miss the last part. Anyway, very interesting event nonetheless!
    SWG Radiant: Sauska
    SWGemu: Sauska/Cosita Borealis, drop-off vendor -4954 5709 near Theed, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    If some...
    Last edited by revilo; 03-27-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Spacely's Sprockets
    Dropoff: 5498, 6164 500m S of Kaadara, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ultgamer21 View Post

Okay now i understand why this sudden meeting.

I find yes Cantina populations is a great topic to bring forward but also bear in mind that its the guild or player city leaders must often organize events, and i find if you are going to the event its more adequate to use the buffs from this house (control longer shuttle time) Like a good festival or any event getting to there and getting back that's always a hassle, if player feel at ease to go and come back as they please then meh everyone is going to buff somewhere close to home or so come back there is no use to even add facilities.

AFK buffing: so far any entertainer i go to talk back and being social, i'd understand if some of them are guys and are not really into talking but i go to the active players mostly.
    So its up to the person going buffing you cant change that. i had a Entertainer on live and people choose me because am active and the tips also shows that appretiation people are entertained they feel they bought you for the time, some may forget but you will get tipped almost every time, i made over 2 mil only doing ent buffs.

ama leave the bug list out am not a master entertainer yet.

Tips: oo what i hate the most is people demanding tips, you cant demand tips, you can ban me that's fine i'll go to someone who will buff me, its not everyday i take a good 4500 credits and here take it although i do because i rememberd she was talking to me ah yes lemme atleast hit 2 missions before getting buffed, i got a business to run and i need to fix my main so credits is deffinitely a concern. I pay a doctor cause if i dont pay him i dont get buffed that is a simplefact.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    One of my only comments concerns the venues. I wish that hotels could be used more often for everything. But the furniture placement in the club portion of the hotels do not lend themselves for dancers or musicians well. I don't think anything could change this though because rearranging furniture in static structures would be a post Alpha issue, and even then probably low level. But I wish hotels could be used more, somehow.

Thread Information