Closed Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk maintenance 2/24/13

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by musashima View Post
    Does this server get wiped from time to time? > i'm a newcomer to swgemu and played swg pre cu, just curious if all my hard grinding is pointless? :P
    There will be a wipe, eventually. But it's a long time to go until then, and it will be the wipe before swgemu launches with version 1.0. [Always given that the codes and servers and all the backups don't suddenly burst into flames and implode into eternal nothingness.]
    So! Either way, if you are a newcomer, I suggest you do some hard grinding, just to get an idea of what you want to do later and get the pre cu feeling again!
    1.0 is in distant far future.

... As for the mandatory crying about the server-down. Yeah, also german here, and also sitting and staring at the (hopefully soon green) red server icon. Europeans have always been screwed with maintenance times, also on live, when it was saturday afternoon at 1pm. We're used to it! Keep the great work up, there will be plenty of weekends for us to play in the future, thanks to your efforts. I'm currently learning C++, just so maybe one day I can help, too.
    All thumbs up! Including toes. And dog's paws.
    Cheers,
    Picha

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think we all love to play and no matter where u r the server down is always a nail biter lol but to make an omlet u have to crack a few eggs one day in the future all the work,feedback, and other stuff is gonna be so worth we wont even remember these times

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Europeans screwed? Hello? The server has been down since 8:30am here in the US and its been down ALL of my day. so ;p

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Amen. Just saying, Sunday 3:30pm is slightly more uncomfortable than 8:30am or something. Sunday at 8:30am I'm sleeping if the dogs let me! But today I didn't, I got my decoration jobs done ingame >_>. And today I am only impatient because my city update was 6 hours ago, and I wanted to drop my hospital and decorate it. Waiting until tomorrow will surely kill me, we shall see.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoz View Post
    Europeans screwed? Hello? The server has been down since 8:30am here in the US and its been down ALL of my day. so ;p
    You said it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ugh, well, we couldn't know the server would be down for 9 hours! Now that it's going towards 1am, I don't even think I'll wait for it. Bedtime coming up. Sleepiness is such a weakness of character...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    if ignorance is bliss why am I not blissful ??

Play Stats
    Inactive
    (Time for something totally off-topic, but since there are so many people here actually writing, it's worth a shot. If somebody here has a wiki page for their character or something, on the SSG wiki, can you please check if you can log in on the page? I was going to update mine, and it keeps telling me I have the wrong password, which I totally do not. Thanks, please PM me, pretty please?)

http://wiki.starsidergalaxy.com/inde...le=Milari_Reba

Play Stats
    Inactive
    /wrists@serverdown :-(

appreciate the work ofc - its better to have it in the longer run :-)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    aww ok thought id check in as last we heard was it was gonna take "a little longer" lol

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Spar1979 View Post
    aww ok thought id check in as last we heard was it was gonna take "a little longer" lol
    i am close to the end of my life, i just want to play swg for ONE last time /feigndeathsotheyfinishmaint

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I am not sure why people have such a problem with servers going down, for an extended amount of time.
    Many games do this every once in a while, This is the longest its been down for me, and I've been playing 2 months.

Personally, I enjoy it, it makes me go do the things that I wont do, usually because I am playing.

I've gotten quite a bit done, But the most rewarding thing was the satisfaction of convincing my girlfriend that we really DID NOT NEED to watch a Twilight Movie..
    Thought I was in for it....

Anyways, Got a lot done around the house, garden too! Even made an igloo outside! A nice warm home cooked meal.

Maybe the server being down for this long should happen more often!!

JK.

Keep up the good work team. We ain't mad, still got mad love.
    Last edited by Gigitty; 02-24-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Not that big of a deal for me as I was watching the Daytona 500. Jr came in 2nd! Now in a little while I will be watching the Oscars with my wife only to see what Seth Mcfarlane does (He is so going to Hell!). Hopefully by the time they are over it will be back up and running and i can get back to playing.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Quigster View Post
    Not that big of a deal for me as I was watching the Daytona 500. Jr came in 2nd! Now in a little while I will be watching the Oscars with my wife only to see what Seth Mcfarlane does (He is so going to Hell!). Hopefully by the time they are over it will be back up and running and i can get back to playing.
    I didn't catch any of the Daytona, but I did see the crash on youtube.
    Thanks for reminding me the Oscars are on tonight. Seth Mcfarlane is hilarious.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Every update brings us closer so dont complain Thank you all you hard working Devs !

Closed Thread

Thread Information