Closed Thread
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk maintenance 2/24/13

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by SciPunk View Post
    True but there will be a wipe anyway, so it's delaying the inevitable :P Id rather it take longer and be done right then it be half arsed tho.

On a side note where do we donate, i can't find a damn link anywhere.
    Here: https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forum.php

Top of the page. They made the funds for this month already. Woot!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    True but there will be a wipe anyway, so it's delaying the inevitable :P Id rather it take longer and be done right then it be half arsed tho.

Testing their ability to provide a SLA of any kind is a big part of the testing process.. Practicing the process of maintaining/retaining character info and such is a part of the QA process.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sandee View Post
    Did it look something like this....

More like this:

Last edited by Vlada; 02-24-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Please support and help grow this great community by donating to cover our ever growing server and maintenance costs.
    Pay the Bills
    100%
    Received $2468.00 with 146 contributors Ends March 2nd, 2013
    Thanks for your continued support
    Clue - it's at the top of the homepage

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by tjmayer View Post
    Remember these folks have jobs and families to deal with too, so it's possible the weekend is their own time to really get any work done on the servers aside from the random code they have to check and put up throughout the week.

Also complete speculation as I don't know for sure, but I would guess this database snapshot is for them to test a basilisk merge sandbox as a milestone to apply the next merge. Database dumps/backups take some time..It sucks but it's better than them applying a merge to basilisk ("production server") and it breaks and they have to wipe it right?
    No. They should live in a box, abandon all family ties, jobs and dreams, work 8 hours on SWG, 8 hours in RL and sleep for 8 hours. There should be 3 shifts of 4 man teams. Supplies of noodles and coffee their only sustenance and once a week someone should go take away their garbage.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stradoo View Post
    Here: https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forum.php

Top of the page. They made the funds for this month already. Woot!
    Thanks!

Testing their ability to provide a SLA of any kind is a big part of the testing process.. Practicing the process of maintaining/retaining character info and such is a part of the QA process.
    I know was just messing around. I am glad they are taking the time to do it right, so that the game will remain more stable once 1.0 etc comes to pass.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Remember these folks have jobs and families to deal with too, so it's possible the weekend is their own time to really get any work done on the servers aside from the random code they have to check and put up throughout the week.

Also complete speculation as I don't know for sure, but I would guess this database snapshot is for them to test a basilisk merge sandbox as a milestone to apply the next merge. Database dumps/backups take some time..It sucks but it's better than them applying a merge to basilisk ("production server") and it breaks and they have to wipe it right?
    Yeah your are right , I'm a bit impatient maybe. Although 8 hours is more than I can remember any maintenance has taken before... But hey I'm just afraid I have to play something else , boring.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    u're right i dont find a like where i can donate too maybe vlada or someone can tell us

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by gusten75 View Post
    Yeah your are right , I'm a bit impatient maybe. Although 8 hours is more than I can remember any maintenance has taken before... But hey I'm just afraid I have to play something else , boring.
    QFT. Legend of Grimlock is fun... for an hour or so at a time... Not DAYS at a time...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by kikaha View Post
    u're right i dont find a like where i can donate too maybe vlada or someone can tell us
    I posted it a minute ago. Top of the forums page: https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forum.php

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by musashima View Post
    Does this server get wiped from time to time? > i'm a newcomer to swgemu and played swg pre cu, just curious if all my hard grinding is pointless? :P
    The plan is to avoid wipes throughout the Alpha and Beta phases of development. There are no guarantees this will be accomplished, however.

The server launched last June, and it hasn't been wiped yet.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I found it, i swear i thought it was one of those forum ads you usually see. never paid attention to it

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hey, not a big fan of forums as you can see, and not moaning about the down time or anything, but has there been any update of late?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by musashima View Post
    Does this server get wiped from time to time? > i'm a newcomer to swgemu and played swg pre cu, just curious if all my hard grinding is pointless? :P
    this server will get discontinued when they finalize the code and release suncrusher server in all it's glory. it's probably quite some time away though.
    That's not to say this server wont get wiped before that time, it's still in testing phase (although the true test server is Nova)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    no good news spar

vlada will let us know when its worth posting about

Closed Thread

Thread Information