Thread: Basilisk maintenance 2/24/13

Play Stats
    Inactive
    wow just logged in and everything is wiped wtf
    HI MY NAME IS LOBREEZE

Play Stats
    Inactive
    There is certainly this one good thing about the long server downtime
    I kept saying "I need to write that down sometime, but I have so much to do with my city and decorations and everything", when it came to re-writing the story of my RP Character Milari.
    Now I have made an excessive use of the time off, and went through and corrected roughly 80 A4 pages. Yay!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Is basilisk down again?? Any ETA as to when it will be up again??

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewbacca View Post
    Lol, well yea you have valid points. But when ****** is our ONLY choice, of course we will give them a chance. Im just guaranteeing it will suck
    Probably, but then again it's not like the last four SW movies haven't sucked in their own right, (yes I include ROTJ when Lucas first sold out by replacing Wookies, a fight that would have been truly epic, with teddy bears for the "cute" factor). So in a way ****** has no direction to go but up. Plus if they actually capitalize on the potential we could see a SW TV series and some spinoffs.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jettjedi View Post
    Is basilisk down again?? Any ETA as to when it will be up again??

.... Seriously? xD

No, seriously. It is STILL down. If you haven't noticed the 20 pages prior to your post. The ETA is sometime in the near-ish future. Count 10 more hours just to be safe?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by piya View Post
    Oh gods, I'm watching my husband play SWTOR next to me while I write on my RP-stories...
    So there's this guy writing in general chat: "That aint possible, they have 5 healers and the others are making too much dematch."
    So I snatch his keyboard and go: "They do what exactly? Dematch?"
    And he goes right back: "Yeah, dematch. Ya now, like, kill you."

*Cough* Right. That is the reason why I never read big city spatial on swg, or any general chats on whatever game. It's full with 10 years old that have eaten their dyslexia with the biggest spoon they could find.
    I'm a horrible person, but yeah, I'm extremely allergic to bad spelling, even though english isn't my first language, I'm trying my best to keep spellos to a limit.
    Dematch - my new word of the day! Reminds me of the endless list of reasons why I only paid for SWTOR for one month.
    I am the same way.
    What do you call a dyslexic devil worshiper?..... Someone who sells their soul to Santa
    What do you call a dyslexic, agnostic insomniac? ..... A person who stays up all night wondering if there really is a dog

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
    I didn't say I didn't like the downtime, I've just been here since 2006 and I find it funny that someone that just registered here last month knows everything.
    How does his tenure have any impact on what he stated? Everything he stated can easily be observed within a months time (especially if you read a lot of old posts).

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Quigster View Post
    What do you call a dyslexic devil worshiper?..... Someone who sells their soul to Santa
    I giggled. Quiet a lot!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewbacca View Post
    Lol, well yea you have valid points. But when ****** is our ONLY choice, of course we will give them a chance. Im just guaranteeing it will suck
    You know it will suck but you are going to give them a chance. There is no logic in that statement. If I know something will suck I don't waste any time on it and I especially don't waste money. ****** has done a great job with the Marvel movies and I am sure they will do a good job with Star Wars. Remember, even though they own Lucas Films, Lucas himself chose who will be running it and in charge of the movies. I a very positive that the movies will be goodas long as Jar Jar doesn't make an appearance. I am also hoping that the failure of SWTOR will cause ****** to relaunch SWG with a new graphics engine so we can continue our journey. I had every reward available in the game and want all of them back.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It all makes sense now. In edit 3 of the original notification (on home) it is mentioned they are reloading to 'recover space.' That usually means Defrag. Defrag takes a variable and immensely long of period of time to read, move, rewrite the data in contiguous blocks, and then zero each individual empty cluster on a hard drive. If it is done by 10pm Eastern we are getting off lucky. The good new is, if that is what they are doing, it speeds up later access, the game should run much smoother, less things like rubber banding and such.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    There aren't really and stupid clowns in Ep7-9, if they stick to the books. So maybe the fate of having another Jar-Jar will pass and spare us.
    Ep1-6 were really close to the books, so I'm hopeful in this regard, haha! Especially because I loved these books, and movies inspired by books but then doing it all wrong (Harry Potter, LOTR etc etc) usually disappoint me.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by piya View Post
    I giggled. Quiet a lot!
    SPELLO!!! Kick from the forums and the game. Lol

Play Stats
    Inactive
    they already said they aren't using the books
    HI MY NAME IS LOBREEZE

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Quigster View Post
    SPELLO!!! Kick from the forums and the game. Lol
    /whap!
    That was on purpose. Silly Quigster is silly. Also...
    "I a very positive" and "goodas" means I still win. Don't blame it on the keyboard.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Supahstah View Post
    How does his tenure have any impact on what he stated? Everything he stated can easily be observed within a months time (especially if you read a lot of old posts).
    Thanks Supah, Some people are just haters.

Also, I don't think I claimed to know all. But It has the been the longest downtime since I've been around, and 1 full day out of 2 months,
    is not bad. A lot of current games are down for a day when new patches come out.

So therefore, my observations and other peoples comments led me to my conclusion that it doesn't happen often.

Get mad.

Closed Thread

Thread Information