Closed Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk maintenance 2/24/13

Play Stats
    3h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifffitir View Post
    if you dont like the way things are, the door is yours my friend. No one is making you stay.
    Umm check the updates.... Valkryra is helping with the projects programming and fixes so calm down :P

Cliffyland Food & Drink Emporium Theed -5459,2971

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by roebacca View Post
    And I can tell you unequivocally, for the budget they have, the downtimes are very minimal.

I know companies that spend an order of magnitude more and have just as much downtime.

Yeah, I hope you were not thinking that I was mad, or complaining. Just the opposite actually. Just sick of people acting like games should not have maintenance. It's required, like restarting your computer every so often. **** happens, We have to deal with it..

Like I said, I don't mind the down time, and for being awake only 2 hours today, I've gotten more done than I normally do, when the servers are up.
    So its a nice little break.

I mean there are like 8 people working on the game? You are right, the down time is so minimal for that many people, they work their asses off, for us.
    Expecting multi-million dollar maintenance times from a private server is not realistic.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is so funny, to hear all the whining brings me back to the early days of the EnB emulator. I think it must be all the same peeps but with different names. And speaking of EnB think I will play for a while

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
    Ok guy-that-came-here-last-month, tell me more about how great everything is around here.
    Is there a point to being rude? Its been 2 months since I have been back. The only thing I stated was this was the longest down time I have experienced. And yeah, they do a good job here, that is my opinion, and coincidentally the opinion of thousands of other players.
    So excuse me for my account age being almost 2 months old. SO SORRY that I played SWG from release to death. And finally decided to do this one.
    EXCUSE ME

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigitty View Post
    Is there a point to being rude? Its been 2 months since I have been back. The only thing I stated was this was the longest down time I have experienced. And yeah, they do a good job here, that is my opinion, and coincidentally the opinion of thousands of other players.
    So excuse me for my account age being almost 2 months old. SO SORRY that I played SWG from release to death. And finally decided to do this one.
    EXCUSE ME

Yeah, you're new here... Gonna tell Lobreeze to step up his trolling of 2012/2013's.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by a63ntorange View Post
    My girlfriend just kicked me out of the bedroom, I am guessing pollinating her more than 3 times in one morning was out of the question. I need the server to come back up, before she cant walk tommarow, Help her please.
    How is your girlfriend doing with all of this? May god have mercy on her soul.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by piya View Post
    Soooo many comments, but I will just stfu..... Okay, I won't.
    It's Alpha, not the finalized game.
    It's a volunteer project, and the devs aren't getting paid for the stuff they do in their spare time. I have seen games that have worse community and support and everything, that IS actually commercial. You can pay for SWTOR and try to file a ticket. By the time you get an answer, you already forgot what you wanted in the first place. And the answer you get is about as helpful as the advice to connect your computer to the internet before attempting to log in on the game.
    This is a great game, which is worth waiting for. Years, if needed. I will ALWAYS wait for this game. Yeah, I had also plans ingame, and I was chewing my nails all week about my city update on sunday. So I missed it. OHNOEZ! Well, go cry a river. 25 hours, and it's gunna take 10 more, I bet!
    I bet you haven't donated once, ever.
    If you had read this forum thread, you'd know that it will take longer, and why, and wouldn't come crying now at 25 hours. Try again tonight!
    Looking at your profile, this is your first post on the forums IN TOTAL! Okay, I'm nobody to judge, I'm always reading and hardly writing. But using your first post ever to complain? Oh, please!

.... I'll just stop now. I wish ignorance could be extincted by castration. I'd have sooo much fun out there.
    amen...........
    Axle Isadri
    Master Bounty Hunter

Play Stats
    3h last 30d
    EXCUSE ME
    I think his only point is that it's great for you to throw out things like "be patient" and "great job" etc etc but you're talking about if this is a hardware issue etc... We just went through a hardware and server upgrade so many of us know that's not the issue and sometimes it's just about normal maintenance

In short, everyone calm down and enjoy the free time and we don't need to over-analyze this whole thing :P

Play Stats
    Inactive

Yeah, you're new here... Gonna tell Lobreeze to step up his trolling of 2012/2013's.
    Be nice to the FNG's.... They just haven't been in the pit yet.
    Feozis - Master Profession Grinder
    Epik - Master Bum cause droids do all the work.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Feozis View Post
    Be nice to the FNG's.... They just haven't been in the pit yet.
    As you wish...

*Goes back to lurking*

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I think his only point is that it's great for you to throw out things like "be patient" and "great job" etc etc but you're talking about if this is a hardware issue etc... We just went through a hardware and server upgrade so many of us know that's not the issue and sometimes it's just about normal maintenance

In short, everyone calm down and enjoy the free time and we don't need to over-analyze this whole thing :P
    Someone mentioned something about hardware, and me not being familiar with the hardware I asked a question about. It was answered respectfully and I appreciated that.
    I am in no rush to have the servers come up.
    Just chillen, and finished Skyfall.
    It was an OK movie, but there are going to be more? I thought Skyfall was the last of movies to be made?

Oh well. I'm going to work on my igloo now.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    this is starting to get good .. you guys know its not going to be up for like another 12 hours ?

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by rconk27857 View Post
    This is so funny, to hear all the whining brings me back to the early days of the EnB emulator. I think it must be all the same peeps but with different names. And speaking of EnB think I will play for a while
    I was not aware the EnB Emulator had even got passed the planning stages! Thanks to your post I know different, may have to go play!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I personally don't know much about server hardware, but 2.00ghz seems prehistoric to me. My computer is currently running at 4.6 ghz.
    Server CPUs (like Xeon with multiproc support) a bit different that desktop CPUs. Less clock rate, more stability (extra error recovery, ECC memory etc).

Play Stats
    3h last 30d

Closed Thread

Thread Information