Attachment 4827
    CLICK ABOVE TO ENLARGE!

the death of SWG

Ann-gee
    1: SWG never died, it was just shelved when CU hit

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by kemistry View Post
    Oh noes!!! Dara!! But maybe they all share?!
    LOL Kemi!!! Umm I don't think Dara is in to sharing... maybe Evve will have to use her powers of persuasion?? My money is on Dara for this one

Play Stats
    99h last 30d
    This looks like a great event, and can't wait to attend it!
    'Kam Solusar' <-VF->
    Shadowfire server

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Latobuck, you have to catch me *wink*

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Looks like Evve made her choice!
    I like boring things - Andy Warhol

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by kemistry View Post
    Looks like Evve made her choice!
    Mmm Hmm... looks like I lost that bet!! LOL

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I love player events

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yes so do we, <SoE> tries to have one once a month in some form or fashion

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just a quick bump to remind everyone that there will be a wake following the trial. If you would like to share a SWG memory with the guests, please contact Evve via IGM or /tell to let her know you are interested in speaking of your adventures. We hope to have many many participants in this portion of the event. So, put your thinking caps on and decide which special memory you would like to share with us!!

We are looking forward to seeing all of you there

*mwah*

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Worst in-game event ever! I arrived well before this event started, found a spot and sat quietly on the floor. Then other players (who showed up late) came in and began to stand in front of me. So, I inched forward. And had to inch forward some more... and again (to avoid have another characters rear block my view). Again, I arrived well before the trail started (before Darth Vader dropped, Luke Skywalker showed up, etc).

Eventually, I grew tired of having to stand and move and then sit down again. Then I noticed, a few other players who had seats at this event got up and left the event. I decided to go prone (as I had already seen a few players do this at this event). While prone, I crawled toward the empty seat (which was about 2 rows back from where I was originally sitting).

However, before I could get to the seat... I was frozen! At first I did not understand what was happening. I thought there was a bug. Then I saw the Frozen de-buff on my character. The combat log showed that I had been frozen by Kreen. I sent a tell to Kreen requesting to be un-frozen and that I was ready to now leave this event. I was informed that I would be un-frozen after the event ended. I requested again and explained that I was simply trying to move to the empty seat when this happened. I was informed that my character would be un-frozen after the event.

Apparently Kreen expected me to remain frozen in prone, on the floor until the end of the event. According to Kreen... I had not simply attempted to move to a seat. I was "running around the room in circles". And I was to stay frozen there on the floor, for the remainder of this player event.

Now I ask you? If put in this situation, on your Saturday afternoon off, what would your reaction be??? Well mine was WTF?!? So, Kreen left me with no other choice but to SPAM in the room chat that I was ready to leave and wanted to be re-leased. Eventually, this worked and I was killed by Kreen. That was how he/she decided to release me back to my own free will.

So, SWGemu players be warned: if you should decided to attend one of these "SWGemu Events" in game... watch out for ego driven, control freaks that are apparently running the event. One wrong move and you could end up frozen, very pissed off and then eventually dead; which is EXACTLY what happened to this gamer!
    Last edited by landsteven; 12-15-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yes, when you run around in circles for several minutes prone (along with other disruptive players who were doing so), you face possible repercussion for disrupting an event.

Then instead of taking your punishment and waiting out the few minutes remaining in the event, you started to spam and cry.

By attending these events, you agree to be bound by the rules and not to disrupt it. If you disrupt the event, at the discretion of the coordinators, you can be removed from it. I'm sorry you had a bad time and I'm sorry you couldn't just stand or sit in place and enjoy things.

Other than that, it was a lot of fun! I loved the acting and trial =)
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    That is a lie, Kreen! My character did not "run around in circles for several minutes prone (along with other disruptive players who were doing so)". I remained in control of my character the entire time. Also I am not responsible for other players actions and refuse to accept being associated with them.

I did not disrupt the event! Hell check the chat log... I was NOT the one making fart jokes or interrupting the trial chat. Thanks for making it clear how these type of in-game "events" are administered and by who. See what happens? You give people a little bit of admin power and it goes to their heads!

I for one will NOT be attending anymore of these... this was by far the worst experience that I have had in SWGemu so far and that includes server crashes, Cnet SPAM, etc.
    Last edited by landsteven; 12-15-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ok, thank you for your feedback =)
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Well, after that lovely set of posts. Let me just say how much I appreciate this type of event. The trial was entertaining and the wake afterwards really gave me a moment to reflect. I may have gotten caught up a little in the emotions that run so deeply in us all and the passion we have for this game. I am blown away by the community, by the imagination and inventiveness of its players and the humanity that emerges from us all through this amazing game. Thank you, thank you SWGEmu, and thank you to those who put this together.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I for one had a great time, this is my first post too yayyyy, I was Jaxut and was the lucky guy who got to defend George lol for at least a couple min anyway my friends worked super super hard on doing this, Kreen's decorations were fantabulouse, Ann-gee nearly died with the stress cause she wanted people to enjoy it, and Evve filmed and stuff but she lost it lol it's ok evve we still love you!!! <33 Anyway as my first post i'd like to say how great the community is for showing up to the event so that we could all share and revel in the game we hold near and dear to our hearts. SWG =D

Thread Information