Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scrum Planning Meeting #1

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yes, notes would be nice if possible. Thanks

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sorry for the delay on the meeting notes, they are posted in a Google Doc now for everybody to view.
    Last edited by TAfirehawk; 03-21-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I really enjoyed reading the notes and am excited to see these Scrum meetings take effect and help facilitate the work of those involved in development.

How often will future meeting notes and docs be posted for the community to follow? Will they be once every three weeks as the main Scrum meetings are held or only every once in a while? Just curious.

Thanks for all the effort and time each of the developers and QA put into the project(as well as everyone else). I think the Scrum meetings will be useful and well worth the time.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    All Scrum sessions are open to the public.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So when is the next Scrum meeting to be held? I guess I could just not be lazy and look it up in the scrum notes I read. I'm pretty sure it mentioned it there.

It just seems like they said something about having one every three weeks and then something about meetings in between for follow up of the goals set. This would mean that the next main meeting is later next week. Am I correct in understanding how this works?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by stevius View Post
    I was just wondering if the notes from the meeting would be posted for those of us who might not have made it. Thank you.
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthr...ll=1#post63379

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by zantacobi View Post
    How often will future meeting notes and docs be posted for the community to follow? Will they be once every three weeks as the main Scrum meetings are held or only every once in a while? Just curious.
    The Sprint Planning meetings occur at the beginning of a development cycle, and the Sprint Review meetings are held at the end when an in-game demonstration/review of completed functionality on Nova is given. We're looking at find the best mix of approaches as we go thru this first iteration development cycle, so many things including timeframes for meetings could change.

As for the other documents, you can see at the top of this thread that descriptions and links to the Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog were provided. We're almost thru migrating this from spreadsheets (a temporary solution) to JIRA, our software development project management and collaboration tool. Once we're done we'll provide links for the Community and a description of what you'll see there.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorrianna View Post
    The Sprint Planning meetings occur at the beginning of a development cycle, and the Sprint Review meetings are held at the end when an in-game demonstration/review of completed functionality on Nova is given. We're looking at find the best mix of approaches as we go thru this first iteration development cycle, so many things including timeframes for meetings could change.

As for the other documents, you can see at the top of this thread that descriptions and links to the Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog were provided. We're almost thru migrating this from spreadsheets (a temporary solution) to JIRA, our software development project management and collaboration tool. Once we're done we'll provide links for the Community and a description of what you'll see there.
    Thanks. That makes sense and answers my question. Looking forward to the review meeting. Appreciate all the hard work!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    When is the next Scrum meeting due?? i thought it was a 3 weekly thing?
    Kex - TKM / Scout
    K'ex - MTailor / AS
    Kexa - MID / Musician
    Klo - Wookiee

“Great, kid. Don’t get C*cky”

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dfe87 View Post
    When is the next Scrum meeting due?? i thought it was a 3 weekly thing?
    I think some things have changed there, not really sure how often Scrum meetings will be held, I will let you know as soon as I know more.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    is there a planned time for the # 2 meeting?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    I think some things have changed there, not really sure how often Scrum meetings will be held, I will let you know as soon as I know more.
    aahh crap...

I know you're going to yell at me for saying this but...

If we dont stick to some schedule and add some type of structure, people are going to lose faith. I want NOTHING more than the success of this project (please believe me on this), but if we cant even keep to the plan for more than #1 that doesnt bode very well IMO. I'd really like to encourage you guys to try and stick with this system and maintain transparency for the community. We (the community) don't want to be a burden (by asking questions and creating drama) but by sticking to the schedule we can help keep you guys on track and keep us pushing through.
    Now I understand that sometimes its easy to bite off more than you can chew (especially on your 1st attempt with a new system)...but if you come out and say "hey we didnt get A B or C done, but we got X and Y complete" (and do that on the scheduled 3 weeks plan) i think the community would really appreciate it, and it would encourage us ALL to stay on track.

just my 2 cents

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I tried to find Oru yesterday but i guess he was not around. Ill try again today.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    I tried to find Oru yesterday but i guess he was not around. Ill try again today.
    thx, again i cannot stress enough how much I appreciate everything the devs do and that I do not play devil's advocate with any malicious intent. I want what we all want, which is a fully functional (not rushed) great Pre-CU experience that we all came to love. Again, thanks for replying...it means a lot knowing someone is listening (or reading) to what I post!

Founder
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    It takes time to implement scrum procedures properly for us so the current sprint is on hold until we can figure them out. Hence there were no sprint review nor the planning meeting for the new sprint.
    Oru
    Founder

oru@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Thread Information