Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
People always remember exactly how things worked at every patch, there is never any question there. The guide isn't perfect, and from JTL, not launch. I can't count how many times people remember things that never existed in the game, or are just plain retarded. People remember different things from different patches. The guide is overall way more accurate than collective memory. There are scrapbook guides to fill in some blanks and confirm points. The only thing memory is good for is a starting place to find real information and to fill in blanks when information just doesn't exist, which is rare. Let me guess, you could do better?
I definitely could not do better, but I think according to the open source nature of the project it is important to do a lot of testing and get a lot of insight since this seems to be a relatively grey area at the moment. I was never attempting to belittle or begrudge anyone on the team. Instead, I thought it would be important to discuss something that for some reason was not listed in the patch notes and is a massive change to game play. I think you guys are ****ing extraordinary in both your efforts and diligence towards the project, but I also believe that the community has a lot to offer.

People remember what they want to remember from patches, but in the end I think its important to remember that this document is flawed just like anyone elses memory, screenshots, and opinions.