Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Publish 1: The Warren and Vendors

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Yes, there are some things that are being added that are not really relevant to general game play, like CSR commands.
    And changes to several dozen special attacks.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by macwheeler View Post
    And changes to several dozen special attacks.
    Surprised that this was not included in the patch notes as it has a massive effect on almost everyone, and that the values are so massively debated and in some cases blatantly flawed.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is so awesome.

And thanks for fixing the Vynocks, I was getting tired of seeing them all over Corellia lol

Retired SWGEmu Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlad View Post
    I don't get why this actually made it to the test server in the first place. Screenshots and personal experience determined that the guide was essentially extremely flawed. From states such as "immobilized" and "evading" to making the skills work like their descriptions (which a lot of them never did), the JTL Prima guide looks like the most flawed document and furthest thing form how the game actually functioned. For example, Fan shot is listed as a single target ability when we all know it was the only cone attack Pistoleers ever had. Bodyshot 3 has a lower multiplier than Bodyshot 2, etc. On top of that, wasn't that guide made for the JTL launch when patch 14.1 is what the team is going for? Just confused by all of the contradictions and blatant inconsistencies that have been pointed out by the community in the JTL Prima Guide.

I've been monitoring that thread closely (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46404) and it seems like numerous people, including cRush, have commented on the guide's massive flaws. I don't understand why something so debated and untested at the moment would be pushed out to the play server so quickly. As posted in the 7/15 update (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47674) under Dannuic's updates, he specifically states that the tweaks need some testing as well. Is 7/15 to 7/18 all the time needed to test the values and confirm them? Just seems shady and unnecessarily rushed.
    A) Immobilized and Evading are states that are still in the client, and always have been in the client, and a full dump from SOE would have included these states, which was the line of thought when we encountered the guide from the JTL era.
    B) Fan shot is also listed as a single target attack in the tool tip in game, which makes it obvious, when considering that a dump was made for Prima from SOE, why they listed it also as a single shot attack.
    C) Prima never updated the information in the guide from the pre-launch Prima guide. We assumed that they did. When we found out that they didn't, we investigated SOE forums, and still found that modifiers weren't quite right, but were very much closer than before we changed them.
    D) Stop being an asshat trying to make a big deal out of nothing. We are doing our best to recreate this game. What exactly are you doing? Just seems shady that you come on the forums and talk trash instead of help the effort.
    Inactive Core Developer
    Retired Developer Lead

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I don't get why this actually made it to the test server in the first place. Screenshots and personal experience determined that the guide was essentially extremely flawed. From states such as "immobilized" and "evading" to making the skills work like their descriptions (which a lot of them never did), the JTL Prima guide looks like the most flawed document and furthest thing form how the game actually functioned. For example, Fan shot is listed as a single target ability when we all know it was the only cone attack Pistoleers ever had. Bodyshot 3 has a lower multiplier than Bodyshot 2, etc. On top of that, wasn't that guide made for the JTL launch when patch 14.1 is what the team is going for? Just confused by all of the contradictions and blatant inconsistencies that have been pointed out by the community in the JTL Prima Guide.

I've been monitoring that thread closely (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46404) and it seems like numerous people, including cRush, have commented on the guide's massive flaws. I don't understand why something so debated and untested at the moment would be pushed out to the play server so quickly. As posted in the 7/15 update (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47674) under Dannuic's updates, he specifically states that the tweaks need some testing as well. Is 7/15 to 7/18 all the time needed to test the values and confirm them? Just seems shady and unnecessarily rushed.
    ban this clown please.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    D) Stop being an asshat trying to make a big deal out of nothing. We are doing our best to recreate this game. What exactly are you doing? Just seems shady that you come on the forums and talk trash instead of help the effort.

here here!! cRush!!
    Last edited by Vlada; 07-19-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Azlad should get a temp-ban from teh forum for being such an armchair-neckbeareded programming nerd. Nerd being in-place of a more less-forum appropriate word.

GTFO Azlad....just saying.

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive

I've been monitoring that thread closely (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46404) and it seems like numerous people, including cRush, have commented on the guide's massive flaws. I don't understand why something so debated and untested at the moment would be pushed out to the play server so quickly. As posted in the 7/15 update (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47674) under Dannuic's updates, he specifically states that the tweaks need some testing as well. Is 7/15 to 7/18 all the time needed to test the values and confirm them? Just seems shady and rushed.
    People always remember exactly how things worked at every patch, there is never any question there. The guide isn't perfect, and from JTL, not launch. I can't count how many times people remember things that never existed in the game, or are just plain retarded. People remember different things from different patches. The guide is overall way more accurate than collective memory. There are scrapbook guides to fill in some blanks and confirm points. The only thing memory is good for is a starting place to find real information and to fill in blanks when information just doesn't exist, which is rare. Let me guess, you could do better?
    Last edited by Kyle; 07-19-2012 at 12:14 AM.
    Kyle
    Retired
    Leaving > Staying

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You are aware that bas is also a test environment?
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for all the hard work Dev team.

Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by tcmike View Post
    Well if that holds true, twileks should be able to sample now without running out of action. (400 natural Stamina max) Now if my twilek could dance without running out of action... lol

I haven't seen any artisans anywhere sampling at anything other than 200 action cost per pull. So I'm guessing quickness doesn't count when sampling is involved. Unless that is part of the patch too?
    Quickness and Strength do not count towards non combat activities..the ammount of health, mind or action you use for say dancing, sampling, buffing/healing are always the same so far as I know. It only affects SAC costs for combat activities

-Formerly of Bloodfin-

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by cRush View Post
    A) Immobilized and Evading are states that are still in the client, and always have been in the client, and a full dump from SOE would have included these states, which was the line of thought when we encountered the guide from the JTL era.
    B) Fan shot is also listed as a single target attack in the tool tip in game, which makes it obvious, when considering that a dump was made for Prima from SOE, why they listed it also as a single shot attack.
    C) Prima never updated the information in the guide from the pre-launch Prima guide. We assumed that they did. When we found out that they didn't, we investigated SOE forums, and still found that modifiers weren't quite right, but were closer than before we changed them.
    Wow, did not mean to piss you off. I just did a little reading and I clearly was not understanding why some things were being pushed through so quickly. I thought, as this is a project based extensively on your expertise and the communities awareness and resources, it would be a good idea to discuss this since it was missing in the patch notes and a lot of people seemed to have conflicting opinions. I appreciate your work, and I am eternally grateful for everything you guys do, but I always knew the team for being focused more so on quality instead of quantity. It felt rushed (just my opinion) and I was concerned. Thank you for addressing my concerns in an organized post, I really appreciate that.

A) I had no idea those were still in the client from the original beta, but the guide including the states seemed to look like the guide makers did 0 research and just copied whatever info they saw first. You know first hand that a lot of the skills never worked like their descriptions. The guide lists every skill as it functions according to the in game tool tip, so I was very worried that this might become some kind of iron clad document when I felt it was lacking in correspondence. Thank you for pointing that out for me.

B) That makes a lot of sense, the wording itself is the most confusing part in the end it seems, not the actual functioning of the skill. It makes sense to me now that since this is how the targeting system works, it would be listed as a single target attack in that manner.

C) I'm glad to hear that the modifiers are closer now, but still kind of concerned why we didn't test them more thoroughly before throwing them on Basilisk. I am sure now though, that we will see how the tweaked values behave.

D) Never my intention, sorry for offending you. I too, want to see this game recreated at its best. I think being open and pointing things that a lot of people seem to have missed is an important factor, and that it goes hand in hand with the open source nature of the project.

Sorry again, for offending you or anyone else on the team.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Draga View Post
    Azlad should get a temp-ban from teh forum for being such an armchair-neckbeareded programming nerd. Nerd being in-place of a more less-forum appropriate word.

GTFO Azlad....just saying.
    From the forums? Ban this moron from the game.. don't need idiots like this around here.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just seems shady and unnecessarily rushed.
    No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that.
    -Confusion is a state of mind, or is it?

Lefia Hawes <TBI>

Retired SWGEmu Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    C) I'm glad to hear that the modifiers are closer now, but still kind of concerned why we didn't test them more thoroughly before throwing them on Basilisk. I am sure now though, that we will see how the tweaked values behave.
    Because they calculate out to be exactly what they were before...we just changed the way they were calculated.
    Inactive Core Developer
    Retired Developer Lead

Thread Information