Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Publish 1: The Warren and Vendors

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlad View Post
    Haha I don't mind being that guy. Not gonna let rage get to me. I really didn't mean to offend any of you guys, you guys are resurrecting my favorite game of all time. The only game I still consistently tell stories to people about long after it has been buried. This project is so freaking amazing, and the only reason I posted anything in the first place was because at the end of the thread I listed in the dev discussion I still had absolutely no idea what was being implemented, how it was going to work, and what was going to change.

I love calculating my damage out and crunching numbers in general for theorycrafting my character on paper, so when I had a lot of blanks left I just figured I would post some things that I noticed and felt were undocumented. Didn't expect to incite massive rage. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me, and cRush too. Just shows that you guys have no problem showing everyone what you do, how you do it, and why you do it. If anything, it adds more power to the project.
    The unit of measurement you're looking for is the Kahn.

I believe this thread briefly hit around 7 Kahns.

-Confusion is a state of mind, or is it?

Lefia Hawes <TBI>

Retired SWGEmu Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Haha I don't mind being that guy. Not gonna let rage get to me. I really didn't mean to offend any of you guys, you guys are resurrecting my favorite game of all time. The only game I still consistently tell stories to people about long after it has been buried. This project is so freaking amazing, and the only reason I posted anything in the first place was because at the end of the thread I listed in the dev discussion I still had absolutely no idea what was being implemented, how it was going to work, and what was going to change.

I love calculating my damage out and crunching numbers in general for theorycrafting my character on paper, so when I had a lot of blanks left I just figured I would post some things that I noticed and felt were undocumented. Didn't expect to incite massive rage. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me, and cRush too. Just shows that you guys have no problem showing everyone what you do, how you do it, and why you do it. If anything, it adds more power to the project.
    I apologize then since it seems you are heartfelt. I think the problem was that your tone doesn't fit the norm around here, and matched more of the condescending idiots we get occasionally who accuse us of doing everything wrong intentionally, and trying to sabotage the game we are working our *** off to recreate (doesn't make sense right?)

So, I'm sorry, for what it's worth, for immediately putting you into that category, based solely upon the tone of your writing.

PS. If you want to number crunch, you should keep that to the developer section.
    Inactive Core Developer
    Retired Developer Lead

Play Stats
    Inactive
    "Changed the healing relationship between patient and healer to properly reflect GCW status."

Does this mean that one *will* be able to heal a factioned player who's off-duty?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    All right, everyone calm down now. This is not the fight you want to pick, you want to pick a fight in a newly populated cave hidden somewhere amongst our great pixels! Enjoy the game, and awesome job devs!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Woohoo! The harvester fix. No more paranoia. No more wasted credits/powers.

MORE COWBELL!111

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by cRush View Post
    I apologize then since it seems you are heartfelt. I think the problem was that your tone doesn't fit the norm around here, and matched more of the condescending idiots we get occasionally who accuse us of doing everything wrong intentionally, and trying to sabotage the game we are working our *** off to recreate (doesn't make sense right?)

So, I'm sorry, for what it's worth, for immediately putting you into that category, based solely upon the tone of your writing.
    No apology necessary. I do tier 1-3 tech support for my University so I figure my writing reeks of loss of faith in humanity. Honestly I never post much on here. I have been lurking since 06 and I think I was the Pistoleer correspondent for like... 3 weeks on the old forums, so I have seen plenty of people mobbed and shown the door. Worst thing to do is respond to rage with rage. Thanks for showing me how the calculations were actually working, it makes a lot of sense to me now. I was thinking it was a simple A*B = C ordeal when it seems to be much more (ridiculously) complicated than that. Thanks again for your hard work.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    cRush can we have a server wipe ;D

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by laminouk View Post
    cRush can we have a server wipe ;D
    We can.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    No apology necessary. I do tier 1-3 tech support for my University so I figure my writing reeks of loss of faith in humanity. Honestly I never post much on here. I have been lurking since 06 and I think I was the Pistoleer correspondent for like... 3 weeks on the old forums, so I have seen plenty of people mobbed and shown the door. Worst thing to do is respond to rage with rage. Thanks for showing me how the calculations were actually working, it makes a lot of sense to me now. I was thinking it was a simple A*B = C ordeal when it seems to be much more (ridiculously) complicated than that. Thanks again for your hard work.
    Well you just spoiled everyone's fun, I hope your happy.

The lynching is off now, we'll have to go back to those damn...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    just thinking the other day that they need to have a patch notes so we can see the progress of the basilisk server, AND IT CAME TRUE

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    We can.
    because we can, does that mean we will ?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    We can.
    Nooooo!!!! No server wipes!!!! Hehe. And Cheers to the swoops and vehicles! I can earn money now in the game! Yay! Kudos to eveyone for all their hard work.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    All I have to say is.....

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s343/Sadeous/sadeous2.png

Play Stats
    Inactive
    To the end of the feud and peace through out the lands...

Last edited by Demarco; 07-19-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Master Droid Engineer ~ <TRADE> Trade Coalition - Queen's Market, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'd just like to thank the Dev's of this game for bringing back something to me that I loved so well. When a friend of mine told me to try this, it was hard to turn to it because of what happened to the original. The fact that you guys are working so hard, on your own time, on your own free will, to bring something that wasn't broke, back to life is wonderful. I applaud your efforts and thank you for the time you did. SWG is a game that was never supposed to be like everything else. It was a world, it was where you lived. It is now a sense of community that is SO gone from today's MMO's. Keep up the good work, I bet we will see some great things in the future!

Thread Information