Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SWGEmu half-year financial report

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is the best way to spend $5 a month imo.

Also, dont put a cap on donations. You never know when you'll need the cash. You may one day want to open up a second server, or a third, who knows. The cash on hand will only help you make this project better!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Im loving this Healthy influx of both players and donations. This makes all of our dreams of what a real MMO could be in our grasp. I would personaly like to thank all involved with this project or who have donated a big THANK YOU. I would also like to add that looking into a server that has a higher maximum population might be wise with this influx of both players and donations

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by mishun View Post
    Not to sound like an ***, but most of the people posting here have not donated .... not that it is a requirement, but I just think that is is pretty comical. The way I see it, at least $5 a month is a good way to show your true appreciation for what the EMU team has accomplished and continue to improve on. I will continue to make a monthly donation no different than if this were Live.
    I agree a little can go a long way.

On a side note, the little gold bars didn't carry over from the old forums. I wish they did because I had put together the amount of my gaming budget for a year and donated in one lump sum. Then I left to wait for the emu to develop more before playing--came back again just last month. Also, people forget and lose their accounts, especially after a leave of absence which is common in the history of this project.
    The donation bar is great to see fill up and max out every month, but along with those lucky enough in RL to be exceedingly generous than most, it would be nice to see gold bars under every user's name as a show of solidarity in mass support.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This thread is great! From my experience, you seldom see this kind of transparence. A half-year financial report is greatly appreciated, not just for the donators to see where their money goes but to make those who do not donate feel more inclined to do so, since you can tell where your money is going. Great initiative.

-Edit-
    Apparently PayPal disagrees with me when it comes to linking my card. I'll just have to resolve that first in some way.
    Last edited by Etaren; 08-07-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by mishun View Post
    Not to sound like an ***, but most of the people posting here have not donated .... not that it is a requirement, but I just think that is is pretty comical. The way I see it, at least $5 a month is a good way to show your true appreciation for what the EMU team has accomplished and continue to improve on. I will continue to make a monthly donation no different than if this were Live.
    Yep, I noticed that too, pretty funny. $5 a month is totally reasonable but there clearly is no issues making the bills. Glad to see the increase in overall donations as well. There used to be a Donate option on the front page with a drop down. I really don't understand why that was removed. Seems counter-intuitive.

Thank you for the transparency as well I really appreciate seeing how our donations are spent.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Glad to see the Cash flow is good.
    Have you thought of moving to say: www.theplanet.com ?

Far better data center and far less lag ...just sayin
    Don't take life seriously, You'll never get out alive.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Evass Wavingfly View Post
    Yep, I noticed that too, pretty funny. $5 a month is totally reasonable but there clearly is no issues making the bills. Glad to see the increase in overall donations as well. There used to be a Donate option on the front page with a drop down. I really don't understand why that was removed. Seems counter-intuitive.

Thank you for the transparency as well I really appreciate seeing how our donations are spent.
    Personally I'll start donating on a regular basis when I can actually play. Right now its VERY frustrating trying to lag fight mobs when I have to wait most of the time 2 or 3 minutes to engage. Also very frustrating to get killed/incapped with almost or full health.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Im going to STOP all my donations, once SWGEmu can keep the game going for more then 2 days without crashing I will start my donations again. I have been donating for almost two years now, and it seems like we played alot more on Liberator then here on Basilisk.
    Last edited by dragon20011; 09-08-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Even though i dont see any gold bars that is your prerogative, though we are not even trying to keep a game online, we are not even hosting a game, just an Alpha server. Those that dont understand that will have hard time on both TC: Nova and Basilisk.

Anyway, financial report is there for everyone to see, but thread is closed.

Closed Thread

Thread Information