Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: All Staff Meeting Notes - Feb 26, 2011

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotter View Post
    So far no one in this thread has said or implied differently.
    In this thread. However, outside this thread this certainly has not been the candor of speech impressed in our daily/weekly/monthly attitudes. Someone's butthurt is always seemingly more important.
    Fivo Asia
    Retired SWGEmu Quality Assurance:

fivo@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | Galaxy Harvester
    |

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quite right, Idiocy like a cancer grows.

However that's not here, I'd leave other threads to be other threads.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotter View Post
    - Give the EC, GM, and Support leads complete autonomous power.

Because that's always a great idea.

/awkard moment cough
    A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I didn't mean no oversight when writing that, but as it is (Or rather, as it was), Department Leads didn't have power over their own departments, there was so much unnecessary red tape that solely existed for the sake of appearing professional.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I don't recall nor do I see currently any unnecessary red tape. We can and could pretty much do whatever we wanted already (within events).
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The comment wasn't directed at the EC's, GMs or Support members themselves, it was directed at the leaders of said departments.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalaxy View Post
    [*]Scrum Manager:
    Since scrum is going to pretty much run the entire development process soon who is overseeing who in this position? Shouldn't scrum and development director be one and the same?
    Hi Zalaxy. I'm the Scrum Master for the project so I'd be happy to comment on this particular question.

There are several conflicts of interest and priority between the role of Scrum Master and anyone who is a member of the Scrum Team.

By definition:
    • anyone who has accepted work in the Sprint Backlog to get a Player Story and one or more dependent Tasks "Done" will be members of the Scrum Team for that particular Sprint
    • Scrum Masters are never assigned work in the Sprint Backlog

Any activity that a person is responsible for performing who can potentially be a Scrum Team member inevitably constrains our capacity for development within any Sprint. You would see this in the Sprint Backlog where the work commitments by the Scrum Team for each Sprint are documented.

In our case, we have limited developers who can work on Core3 and in the case of our Development Team leader, the best use of his time is focused on developing and leading that effort.

The responsibility of a Scrum Master, in our case myself, is primarily to ensure that Scrum practices are being followed and to remove impediments and obstacles that are affecting the ability of the Scrum Team to finish their work.

That is the priority in use of time for the person in this role, and takes precedence over any other responsibilities such as potentially accepted work in a Sprint Backlog.

In a business setting, Scrum Masters typically come from the Project Manager ranks and one Scrum Master may perform that role for multiple concurrent projects.

In RL, the Scrum Team members do 100% of the documentation in the Sprint Backlog and Burndown Charts. We'll be using a tool called JIRA for that.

However, in our case we want to absolutely minimize overhead that detracts from our limited Developer resource doing development, so I'll be doing most if not all the work in JIRA. Again, accepting work in a Sprint Backlog would be a conflict of priorities and time with that responsibility.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Is there or will there ever be space?

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Holy necros batman.

Likely, but that will not even be approached until after a vanilla 14.1 release.
    Retired Community Relations

Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Meaning maybe but not in the near future?

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    If I am correct, once the 14.1 is developed and put into 1.0 form, other things can be considered. I would not set your alarm clock for it if that helps. No ETA's are given for any current milestones for project. Sry.
    Retired Community Relations

Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    fair enough. Thanks for answering! o/

Thread Information