Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Accounts & Multiple Accounts

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by weedie View Post
    Yes, since you can have two characters logged in from the same account you can run them on two different computers. Not against the rules. And to clarify again, just in case, those two characters have to be from the same account; more than one account per person is not allowed.
    Great thank you so this means my husband can play the other character? and I can have up to 10 characters for that one account. But only 2 can be logged in at the same time just to clarify right?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by aynfarika View Post
    Great thank you so this means my husband can play the other character? and I can have up to 10 characters for that one account. But only 2 can be logged in at the same time just to clarify right?
    No, account sharing is not permitted. It's one account per person, and only that person is allowed to use that particular account (family or not). If your husband would like to play you will need to purchase a second set of CDs for him and apply for multiple household accounts approval (as described here)
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by weedie View Post
    No, account sharing is not permitted. It's one account per person, and only that person is allowed to use that particular account (family or not). If your husband would like to play you will need to purchase a second set of CDs for him and apply for multiple household accounts approval (as described here)
    He has an account already but I don't recall if I requested approval for it is there a way I can check?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You are not approved for multiple accounts. Please follow weedies link and start the process.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    What exactly is the reason for being so hellbent on folks not having two accounts?

And what is wrong with a man and his wife each having a toon on the same account so they can play together?

I do not see where either of those things would be the end of the universe in any way........am I missing something.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by darth8875 View Post
    What exactly is the reason for being so hellbent on folks not having two accounts?

And what is wrong with a man and his wife each having a toon on the same account so they can play together?

I do not see where either of those things would be the end of the universe in any way........am I missing something.
    Well for start, you can create 10 different characters on a single account and have 2 of them online at the same time. You don't really need a second account. Aslo if you do something dumb and force us to ban you well, banning one account instead of 184989232 is much less time consuming.

As for account sharing with others, well that only prevents people from giving each other their account details and allowing them to run yet again multiple accounts (explanation above).

Retired SWGEmu Staff Mistress Aerea's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by darth8875 View Post

Both of these are violations of copyright, which the original software is still under. By allowing either, the entire SWGEmu project could be put at risk.
    Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Aerea View Post
    Both of these are violations of copyright, which the original software is still under. By allowing either, the entire SWGEmu project could be put at risk.
    Well at least for another 55years or so, then the copyright will expire.

Closed Thread

Thread Information