Thread: June 11th wipe

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Correction: those details are on THE HOME PAGE

Master Droid Engineer ~ <TRADE> Trade Coalition - Queen's Market, Naboo

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    First of all, i would like to say awesome job, also let yall know how much i for one and im am sure that all on these forums appreciate all your hard work...
    Now to the wipe, i am so stoked that the server is gonna be wiped and i can actually start working on the toon/toons i want, the way i want.

TKM/MasterDoc, Masterdancer/CH when ch is available, and lastly MDoc/MCM at different times lol thanks much for everything guys, you all are Masters of the force and of all mediclorians )

Mystic

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    •Character limits
    2 online, 10 characters max (deleted characters don't count), 1 created per day

Im I the only one that thinks 10 characters is way to many. That many alts and people will have
    every crafting prof mastered. No one will ever need to buy stuff from anyone else. I know its not the final/finished game,
    but i hope that many slots dont make it to the finished game.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    If you could think of a way to keep characters between server wipes something like export/import that'd be awesome, cuz life is really pain in the butt sometimes and you'd have constant population.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    /Thread =

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Can't wait, zermagerd! Questioners should stop questioning!

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja View Post
    •Character limits

Im I the only one that thinks 10 characters is way to many. That many alts and people will have
    every crafting prof mastered. No one will ever need to buy stuff from anyone else. I know its not the final/finished game,
    At this point, testing of features and code stability takes significant precedence over toon limits for economy/gameplay purposes. That is barely in the conversation at this stage. Refer to other threads that exist for that spirited debate.

Quote Originally Posted by grozen555 View Post
    If you could think of a way to keep characters between server wipes something like export/import that'd be awesome, cuz life is really pain in the butt sometimes and you'd have constant population.
    Development announcements have stated that every effort will be made to prevent wipes from happening after the 11th.
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    cRush Good job, hope you get jedi done pretty quick.
    Last edited by Vlada; 06-11-2012 at 05:28 AM.
    NotOfThisPlanet <-HS->/ ('C')

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    cool beans!!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by onsa View Post
    i could watch this all day lol
    love the sig its hilarious

Play Stats
    Inactive
    6hrs 50mins until server wipe...Then, however long it takes is how long it takes for it to come back up with Alpha Server Software. I'd give it an acronym, but that'd be bad, mmmmkay?
    Otedo - Ranger/Rifleman
    Charlie - ?
    Drop-off vendor: 268 -5652 Corellia

Play Stats
    Inactive
    To be honest, i couldnt give an a$$ rats about Jedi... I played a Jedi in other SW games (Dark Forces, Dark Forces II, Jedi Knight : Outcast, Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy etc...), and not even LOOKED at SWTOR out of protest for the removal of the SW Live game. With the introduction of the NGE I lost BOTH my primary professions, TK and CH, yet I still played as I am a Star Wars fan since '77. It will be so good (words just cant do it justice) to play my old toon again. Maybe catch up with old friends when they learn of the return of the old game, maybe even convert a few post NGE players.
    You guy who made this all possible deserve a reward or something. Again, our thanks simply isnt enough. We were told by the powers that be at the time, that the changes were necessary, but as evidenced by the number of players playing now, and will be playing after the 11th, they didnt know jack s#!t about what players wanted... Reinforced by the enforced CU and NGE.
    The full potential of this game was never fully realized, and I hope that you new developers have the vision OTHERS didnt have. I cant wait for Tuedsay morning (my time) when the server should be back up and I can get to grinding again. I have missed this game so much, like so many others. I hope there will be a way players/community members can come up with ideas that might be able to be implimented by the devs. The Live game had a good idea towards the end with the Chronicles addition, but even it was limmited in ways.
    Again, cant wait and thanks again.

Z. When in doubt, send in the Wookiee's.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja View Post
    •Character limits

I do agree that 10 is a bit excessive, although you have to think during the live game many people had multiple accounts (I had 3.. yeah bit sad when I think about it!)

but since multiple accounts are not allowed here it is nice that we are allowed quite a few chars

I don't think we need to worry about people leveling all the crafting professions cos I for one can't be bothered to master even 1 crafting profession let alone several! lol

Play Stats
    Inactive
    3 hours 20 minutes untill the wipe. And still I contemplate whether or not I should call otu of work or just wait untill I get home to jump online and get into the best MMO evr made

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman1701 View Post
    3 hours 20 minutes untill the wipe. And still I contemplate whether or not I should call otu of work or just wait untill I get home to jump online and get into the best MMO evr made
    I wouldn't call out of work--it might take a few hours for them to actually get it up and running for the unwashed masses. :P
    Otedo - Ranger/Rifleman
    Charlie - ?
    Drop-off vendor: 268 -5652 Corellia

Closed Thread

Thread Information