+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Liberator wipe, Basilisk and you...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Servers going down = temporary inconvenience
    temporary inconvenience = improved game play
    improved game play = 1 tired hamster!

Play Stats
    80h last 30d
    I want to thank all those who have worked so hard over the years to bring this game back. It's an amazing accomplishment. So what if there are a few wipes, I am just glad to be here when I thought this game was gone forever. I know its silly but I used to spend time making toons with different skills, seeing how they might work with the points we have,and hoping the game would somehow make a comeback. Well thanks to all the devs its back, and when Nova started I tried out the toons I had theorized about. Now we are so much ahead of the game as far as knowing what we want to do with a toon. I will make fewer mistakes this time around than when SWG first came out. Being on a fixed income it also helps me economically. So thank you for that as well..... Arod Greenstar

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Excellent read I must say! Thanks for giving us the heads up on a great many things. I will be sure to go buy lots of cookies and some whole milk.
    You all have done a great job as far as i am concerned. I have only played SWG for a little while as I bought the game for my 12 year old way back then.
    So, I guess I am the new guy and I do find this game to be great fun.

Thanks for the hard work !

Dog out ................

PS. Crap, I posted on his account...see I am old..
    Last edited by Stryker; 05-15-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for all of your hard work.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    issues i have found on the new server are so far cant retrieve idems bough on bizzars and healin for medic is too low and has anyone had the same problems

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Former QA Leader

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have been searching for the answer to this and havent found it yet...I played on Liberator but never experienced a server wipe.
    I read that in a wipe on the server (Basilisk for instance..) i understand all you own will be gone. What about your charactors themselves..aside from starting over do they remain or do they need to be recreated as well?

Sorry for my ignorance if this has been posted i searched for quite a while to find "*the answer*". (*no pun intended to the dev lol*)

SWGEmu Retired Forum Moderator Ellyssia's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sephridias View Post
    I have been searching for the answer to this and havent found it yet...I played on Liberator but never experienced a server wipe.
    I read that in a wipe on the server (Basilisk for instance..) i understand all you own will be gone. What about your charactors themselves..aside from starting over do they remain or do they need to be recreated as well?

Sorry for my ignorance if this has been posted i searched for quite a while to find "*the answer*". (*no pun intended to the dev lol*)
    Wipe means a complete database wipe, all characters items and credits gone. So yes, you will need to recreate your character
    Ellyssia
    Forum Moderator

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks Ellyssia, looks like i will be back after the wipe in June then. I will continue to test on TC, here is just to many bugs and im sure you got enough reporting on the TKM erea. The stuff i know so far im sure has been reported. So tendwound blows, low end argros hit waaay to hard and i never died so many times ever trying to level a brawler fighting simple low end mobs lol. You know when you spend more tie in cantina healing BF and medical center healing for ever...the game is still a ways away from being playable/enjoyable.
    Appreciate the work you all have done and cant wait for a new play server.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Nice info up, btw great job on coming up with the do and do not's real funny xD.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sephridias View Post
    .the game is still a ways away from being playable/enjoyable.
    Of course the game is enjoyable. Most fun i ever had in a mmo due to the bugs. Aggroed three dune lizards, running, trying to get them off my tail. All out of money, so i could not afford insurance and a reasonable clone, so trying not to die. Struggling with the futility of my endeavours, when suddenly a message shows: 'server restart in 15 minutes'. Maybe that will get them to leave me alone. So i am running circles around mos eisley for 15 minutes, and after restart: still alive.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    SURVIVING THE DATABASE WIPE, made me smile.

Play Stats
    214h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by egorjagi View Post
    oh emu, why do you have to be finishing at the same time diablo 3 is coming out

T_T
    We got together and played D3 through the whole thing in 16 hours...and i found myself bored. That is good so i don't get conflicted about playing SWG
    Scimitar from Farstar, [GEN] Bio Products
    ><(((*> °◦ ˚<*)))>< ><(((*>◦°˚

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you Mr.Hamster!

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    whoever stole my name: I'll kill you

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information